Airfix Airco DH4 and Eduard Eindekker

desmojen

Thanks everyone, and you are quite right Bob; I am well rounded! :lol:

I was actually lying when I said it was finished, I had forgotted to put the fuselage decals and the tail fin markings on, and there was another bit of rigging to do.

It is done now though, and since there is some sunshine this morning I have taken some proper photos. There doesn't seem to be a gallery so I will put them in here for now.

290051376.jpg

290051374.jpg

290051372.jpg

290051371.jpg

290051373.jpg

I don't know where the control wires are supposed to go so I've left them off, and there is a distinct left hand squint when she sits on her undercarriage (thank goodness for the stand!) but I am very happy with the look of it overall.

Jen.

Jen - I thought your idea for the rigging a good one and wondred if it would work on the Gotha. Emphatically no! The struts were so fragile that the slightest prresssure made them literally crumble. I knew the plastic was a bit grim but really...... So am now fashioning new struts throughout. :badmood:

Jen - I thought your idea for the rigging a good one and wondred if it would work on the Gotha. Emphatically no! The struts were so fragile that the slightest prresssure made them literally crumble. I knew the plastic was a bit grim but really...... So am now fashioning new struts throughout. :badmood:

I'm really sorry to hear that David. It worked like a charm on my kit, but I was careful not to pull the thread very tight.

Jen.

Cracking job Jen!

Great idea with the rigging, you pulled that off perfectly! Well done!

Looks a great little model doesn't it, I'm going to have to do another one soon the Pfalz I did looks a bit lonely and out of place in the cabinet at the moment.

Karl.

I'm really sorry to hear that David. It worked like a charm on my kit, but I was careful not to pull the thread very tight.

Jen.

Thank you Jen - the struts crumpled and snapped so easily that I feel had I been successful it would have been exceptionally fragile anyway. So blessing in disguise! Do you know if plastic gets more brittle with age - it is an old kit.

Thank you Jen - the struts crumpled and snapped so easily that I feel had I been successful it would have been exceptionally fragile anyway. So blessing in disguise! Do you know if plastic gets more brittle with age - it is an old kit.

I know certain types deteriorate from prolonged exposure to UV light. May it have been sitting near a window for any time?

I'm sorry to hear you're hitting problems with her but glad you're still making progress, hope you can post an update soon David.

Oh, before I forget. Nice build Jen! :goodjob:

• 2 weeks later...

Wary of the deadline, I spent a bit of time on the Eindekker today. I've added the undercarriage, and a few etch bits. I even had some success making etched wire wheels.

All was looking well until I realised that somehow I've managed to lose my engine cowling :tumble:

If anyone has a spare one please drop me a line. I'm going to finish it anyway and if needs be I'll buy another kit to replace it.

Jen.

Bit more today, finished the main undercarriage and rigged it. Fitted the etched metal tailskid support successfully and then went and pinged the actual tailskid into oblivion with the tweezers! :doh:

I made a new one out of wire but it isn't a great substitute, goes from bad to worse dunnit! I also finished making the wheels. I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy they were in the end. Here's a progres pic.

293366087.jpg

Jen.

Edited by desmojen

I found the cowling!!!!!! :yahoo:

I had a clear bench last night and decided to do a bit more on my Eduard 110, got out the instruction booklet and what should drop out of it but my wickle Eindekker cowling :D

Finished pics are now in the gallery. Thanks all, been a nice little Gb, although I will admit I'm in no particular hurry to start on the 1/72 DH2 I have in the stash..... :hypnotised:

Jen.

• 2 weeks later...