Trumpeters 1/48th C-47A SkyTrain

Johnny Red

Hi everyone, I wrote to Trumpeter to see if they could tell me when they will be bring out there C-47A, all they said was 2008, but they did send me some pictures, now I've tried posting pictures before without much luck, so I hope this works LoL.

DSC_7747-.jpg

DSC_7743-.jpg

DSC_7767-.jpg

DSC_7763-.jpg

DSC_7757-.jpg

DSC_7756-.jpg

DSC_7755-.jpg

DSC_7753-.jpg

DSC_7752-.jpg

DSC_7748-.jpg

wow :o

That looks like some stonking detail on there. Full marks to Trumpy for sending you these pics, not seen them before.

Odds on them bringing out a set of US Paras to go with the kit? ;)

WooHoo!!!!

About time someone did a DC3 in a decent scale. I have the old Monogram offering but it's nothing compared to that.

One will be added to my stash as soon as they are released.

Now if only they would continue the theme with a ....

C-46

DC-4

DC-6

Lockheed constellation.

All in 1:48 of course..

Craig.

Edited by Craig

Isn't there one tiny little problem - with what looks to a fabulous model -

On the DC-3/C-47 family - weren't the rivets raised?

I think there may have been a mix of raised and flush rivets.

If I remember the fuselage was all flush as were the wings but some areas of the wings and engine cowling's had raised rivets. I will have to have a look through my old photos.

Craig.

Not great pictures really but this one looks smooth all over except the underside of the wings.

130_3063.jpg

130_3058.jpg

130_3057.jpg

Craig.

Edited by Craig

Glorious interior detail - and how much of it will you see through the windows once she's closed up?

Did someone mention £50 as a likely price tag? I'll pass thanks, my Monogram one will do me.

If it's not too expensive I'll get one, looks excellent, but I'm still going to buy Monogram's release of the AC-47 Gunship as it's probably half the price with loads of Miniguns!

You can't beat a bit of firepower....well I suppose you can with a LOT of firepower!

BTW those photos are a hell of a lot better than the ones I saw over on some other sites about a week ago.

Edited by GreenDragon

Raised rivets and lapped panels, typical early to mid-Thirties construction..

DC-3%20Nose.jpg

highres_1509155.jpeg

070212-F-2691M-002.jpg

BTW it looks like Trumpeter have hooped the cowlings, they should not be a straight-sided cylinder.

Jon

Edited by jcf

Yup that's how I remember her .. Oh well , let the moaning begin .. :hypnotised: , personally , having built the 1/32 SBD that took at kicking on Hyperscale over recessed vs Raised rivets , I really couldn't care - The DC-3 looks to be a beautiful kit , and who knows I may end up investing in it , when it finally surfaces in what a couple of years - based on Trumpeters release record! :closedeyes:

Nice pictures Jon. Definitely raised rivets on those ones.

I prefer recessed rivets on models however as I think it makes them easier to paint, weather and you don't sand them of if you need to fill a bad join line on a kit. I guess you could go over each hole on the model with a drop of clue on the end of a cocktail stick if you wanted to make them into lumps :analintruder:

Craig

Well done everyone, another much-requested kit written off before it's even in the shops.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bravo!

I wouldn't go that far, I don't see any negativity, just constructive slight criticism :shrug:

Jen.

Edited by desmojen

I think this looks very nice - rivets and all! I am just finishing the Italeri 1/72nd version so will look foreward to this issue - it is a beautiful looking aeroplane. As to the rivets, I attach a picture of the one at Elvingtgon. This image is closer than one would generally view a 1:48 model but it will be seen that the rivets are fairly indistinguishable. Hence I feel that not using raised rivets is possibly better - for appearance on the model. If you wish to do a highly polished natural finish version of the Dakota then OK but for the Skytrain - painted and weathered I think these will look fine. Raised rivets are not that difficult of course - I have used PVA glue and a hyperdermic on model ships!

For my part then congrats to Trumpeter.

David.

DC3fuselv.jpg