Dutch Airforce diorama's

Now i have my ftp server back on line i can share some projects. and I found out how to do uploads :P

Being Dutch I did some low countries blitz modelling over the years.

a vacuform Fokker T-V bomber:

FokkerT5%20loadup.JPG

a gaggle of frog/matchbox/mpm DXXI's

DSC04465.JPG

the wasp engined G1b variant from MPM

FokkerG1%20341.JPG

the northrop 8A3N light bomber, also MPM

DSC04473.JPG

and the Matchbox hawker fury transfored to Fokker CX:

Another fun project was transforming the kids bathtub toy into a dutch coastal submarine on rendezvous with a Fokker T8W from MPM as well.

DSC04487.JPG

P1000201.JPG

P1000200.JPG

Edited by Skybert

Different...............

...but different enough for the straightjacket?

Blimey, just look at all those Fokkers! Lovely stuff Bert.

Welcome to the asylum!

Rich R

Thanks all.

Just realised the Fokker CX, converted from the Hawker Fury was not there :

DSC04463.JPG

The fuelbowser is a coverted matchbox flatbed toycar with a modied APS photocanister :closedeyes:

Hi

A very nice series !

I like the single Dutch camouflage and the orange triangle.

Patrick

Thanks.. honestly..the colours are a bit off.. the light brown is too much yellowish.. a long history of a running error in dutch aviation history and modelling..even recreated on the replica's in the national museum..

But i wanted a uniform look for the whole series..so decided to be consequent in the error...

skybert

Thanks.. honestly..the colours are a bit off.. the light brown is too much yellowish.. a long history of a running error in dutch aviation history and modelling..even recreated on the replica's in the national museum..

But i wanted a uniform look for the whole series..so decided to be consequent in the error...

skybert

Hi

When I made my MPM Fokker D XXI I had to make up my mind for the three colours and I am not sure of them.

As you when I make other Dutch camo I will keep the same colours.

Patrick

Hi

When I made my MPM Fokker D XXI I had to make up my mind for the three colours and I am not sure of them.

As you when I make other Dutch camo I will keep the same colours.

Patrick

According to a note I kept somewhere the 'best to truth matching colours' (not what I used) from Humbrol were 160, 116 and 72.

This was research based on paintchips by some very serious blokes about colour schemes.

You do know that colour patterns often were done identical but with 2 colour positions switched for series of aircraft? It was done for at least 4 types; the DXXI, the TV, the G1 and the 8A3N