Jaguar XX119

Hi all,

Spent the day working on my Airfix 1/72 Jaguar, and hand painted it. Its totally OOB hence the slightly odd 6 Sqn Decals. As I said in "In Progress" forum its taken 3 months from photos obtained off the net and no starboard side photos except for the tail. For those that REALLY know ya Jags, there is one slight ickle mistake with the aircraft itself, not the paint job. Although shes been a right pig to do, its the craziest idea Ive ever come up with but Im really pleased with the end result. I even painted the pilot from photos of John Sullivan. I understand theres now a decal set being made for this aircraft, well when I started this I didnt know they were doing it, but, hey I like what Ive done hope you do too.

yqeudi.jpg

yqeudn.jpg

yqeudp.jpg

yqeudo.jpg

Bex

Edited by bexwh773

Looking good Bex :goodjob:

I'd have gone bonkers doing that scheme :wacko:

:viking:

Thanks Martin,

One of the reasons why its taken about 3 months to do is I kept going crossed eyed, wasnt too bad to start with with the black "Jaguar" foot prints but as they became more numerous my eyes started going and after 3 disasters with the silver peeling metal stripes I just used plain old silver enamel before loosing my sanity :hypnotised:

Bex

Hi all,

Spent the day working on my Airfix 1/72 Jaguar, and hand painted it. Its totally OOB hence the slightly odd 6 Sqn Decals. As I said in "In Progress" forum its taken 3 months from photos obtained off the net and no starboard side photos except for the tail. For those that REALLY know ya Jags, there is one slight ickle mistake with the aircraft itself, not the paint job. Although shes been a right pig to do, its the craziest idea Ive ever come up with but Im really pleased with the end result. I even painted the pilot from photos of John Sullivan. I understand theres now a decal set being made for this aircraft, well when I started this I didnt know they were doing it, but, hey I like what Ive done hope you do too.

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p46043478.html

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p46043484.html

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p46043485.html

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p46043486.html

Bex

applause for not giving up !

skybert

applause for not giving up !

skybert

Oh theres been a few times where I thought about it, my childminder got told if it went pearshaped then her son would get either a grey one or a camo one but Id do my best to keep to 119 LoL :suicide:

Bex

Top bomming Bex :clap2::clap2::yahoo: .

Whats next?.

John.

Top bomming Bex :clap2::clap2::yahoo: .

Whats next?.

John.

John,

Still got my PR7 to finish, decals should be done in the next couple of days, then repair Mish's 1:24 Spit thats older than you, then that should clear my table and hopefully I can start on my Tigermeet Tornado which is in 1/32 of which now Im on this forum, I will make a regular report on its progress. But, I might go for my last 2 Cranberrys, think im gonna have to lob a coin a few times first LoL

Bex

Edited by bexwh773

Nice one Bex. Don't think I'd have had the patience to paint that scheme - good work!

Believe you me, there were times Ive questioned my sanity doing it, but, as normal Id put my foot in my mouth big time. Im also on another forum where Id publicly mentioned to the scheme designer I was going to do it, so once started I had no choice but to finish or Id look a Class A Pillock LoL

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Bex

Nice one Bex.

I came across your build posted on another site whilst collecting references for my attempt. I'm building the same aircraft for the jag GB here on Britmodeller but in 48th. I think building the thing will be the easy bit, its painting all those spots that will drive me mad!

Cheers

Doc

Nice one Bex.

I came across your build posted on another site whilst collecting references for my attempt. I'm building the same aircraft for the jag GB here on Britmodeller but in 48th. I think building the thing will be the easy bit, its painting all those spots that will drive me mad!

Cheers

Doc

Thanks Doc,

Ive got it on another forum where I frequent and also Radek Simecek has just updated his Jaguar site. I wish you all the best with your Kat, she took me 3 months coz I kept going cross eyed. With 72nd I had one avantage, the Sqn badges on the tail I could cheat with a few blobs of paint, but in 48 yours wont be so easy to cheat on. If you want 2 decent tail photos of the badges, then drop FMk6.john a message, he gave me 2 photos last week to use when I met him. I shall keep an eye on the Jag GB and see how you get on :hypnotised: Good luck. Oh well back to the Tonka

Bex

Some tail shots of XX119......

specialjag06qz0.jpg

specialjag08cl9.jpg

I have a few others I can post if you want

Regards

John.

Thanks Doc,

Ive got it on another forum where I frequent and also Radek Simecek has just updated his Jaguar site. I wish you all the best with your Kat, she took me 3 months coz I kept going cross eyed. With 72nd I had one avantage, the Sqn badges on the tail I could cheat with a few blobs of paint, but in 48 yours wont be so easy to cheat on. If you want 2 decent tail photos of the badges, then drop FMk6.john a message, he gave me 2 photos last week to use when I met him. I shall keep an eye on the Jag GB and see how you get on :hypnotised: Good luck. Oh well back to the Tonka

Bex

Thanks Becky,

Yes I'm making my own tail badges, still pretty small even in 48th but I have images of all the crests now. John and Adrian thanks for including those photos, for some reason starboard shots of this elusive predator are rare as rocking horse poop!

Doc