Another Newbies Showcase

Hi all, newbie, names Bex. Ive included a couple of photos of my work so far from December 06 upto the last month or so, and as I clear my table there will be more pics to follow. Hope you like them, and any comments good or bad are most welcome. Oh just to forewarn you all, Im a bit of a Canberra nut. Bex

B (i)6 Canberra

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p43253520.html

PR9 Canberra

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p40699034.html

Buccaneer S2B

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p43483526.html

Lightning F6

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p43483525.html

RAF F4 Phantom FGR2

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p40699030.html

:welcome: to the asylum

Accept a virtual strait jacket with your first post..

Virtual Straight Jacket Graciously accepted, although perhaps I should have looked at the other members photos first, having seen some really amazing models Im now goin to go to bed and cry myself to sleep LoL

Bex

Virtual Straight Jacket Graciously accepted, although perhaps I should have looked at the other members photos first, having seen some really amazing models Im now goin to go to bed and cry myself to sleep LoL

Bex

NB don't look in the rogues gallery- you'll have nightmares for a week!

Ay up Bex. :welcome: to the site. No blubbing neccessary........... them models is spot-on chap. Keep up the good work :clap2:

I rather think that Becky is a chapess! :tease:

Hi all, newbie, names Bex. Ive included a couple of photos of my work so far from December 06 upto the last month or so, and as I clear my table there will be more pics to follow. Hope you like them, and any comments good or bad are most welcome. Oh just to forewarn you all, Im a bit of a Canberra nut. Bex

B (i)6 Canberra

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p43253520.html

PR9 Canberra

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p40699034.html

Buccaneer S2B

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p43483526.html

Lightning F6

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p43483525.html

RAF F4 Phantom FGR2

http://www.bexwh773.fotopic.net/p40699030.html

Welcome Becky.....anyone who likes Canberras and Phantoms is all right by me! :thumbsup:

Great stuff, let's see some more please!

Rich R

THank you all for your kind comments. When I started posting I hadnt found the signature part so confusion is allowed LoL :hypnotised:

Rich, re Phantoms & Cranberries, at the latest count, I have 3 Phantoms (FGR2, RF4E & F4) & 7 Canberra's, 4 built & airbourne on the ceiling, 1 on my table & 2 more in boxes, so airbourne we have.......... B Mk8, B (i) 6, PR9, B57B, on the table PR7 (WH773), in boxes, RB57E & B57G.

All my models so far are out the box, mainly 1/72, but 2 of my Phantoms are 1/48 & 1/32. The only other big scales I have you will get to see once built LoL :spudniksmurf:

Bex

THank you all for your kind comments. When I started posting I hadnt found the signature part so confusion is allowed LoL :hypnotised:

Rich, re Phantoms & Cranberries, at the latest count, I have 3 Phantoms (FGR2, RF4E & F4) & 7 Canberra's, 4 built & airbourne on the ceiling, 1 on my table & 2 more in boxes, so airbourne we have.......... B Mk8, B (i) 6, PR9, B57B, on the table PR7 (WH773), in boxes, RB57E & B57G.

All my models so far are out the box, mainly 1/72, but 2 of my Phantoms are 1/48 & 1/32. The only other big scales I have you will get to see once built LoL :spudniksmurf:

Bex

All my Phantoms are British!

Canberra PR7 WH773 will possibly be in 80 squadron markings...if so, there's a good chance that my old man has flown it. I'll find out one day maybe! Can't wait to see the finished kit....... :worthy:

I rather think that Becky is a chapess! :tease:

Oh no, not another chapess :hmmm: some of you are really gonna have to watch your language now, just when we thought we had got Jen trained, ;) anyways welcome to the forum Bex, great builds. :thumbsup2:

:post1: Very good to have you here Bex... you're the 4th member of the female species we have here, which is great! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy yourself - There are some brilliant modellers here, and every one of them is nurturing & willing to help others. We're quite lucky actually, have such a good bunch. Just don't tell them I said so ;)

Welcome aboard Bex, always good to see a new member's work.

Now, about this Canberra restoration...?

THanks Col, glad I was pointed here and glad to be here. Not only have I got my 1/72 Canberra collection Im also lucky enough to be working on a 1:1 scale PR7 WH773 at Gatwick Aviation Museum, on my own :gobsmacked: Eventually I will be aiming for electrical & hydraulically live, but theres no chance of engine running as the Avons are scrap :pray:

T Tango, dont worry abt language LoL my sense of humour always gets me into trouble, and Im forever putting my foot in it tee hee

Mike, Ive seen some of the photos, this gang on here are amazing modellers and hopefully we can help each other, others with tips for me, and if anyone is nuts enough to take on a Canberra, gimme a shout, my head is so full of Cranberry techy stuff I see Cranberry's in my sleep LoL

Phreak, if your dad has flown WH773, then Id love to hear from him, or if he knows anyone else who has flown my Baby.

Thanks again all

Bex

Bex

All those Phantoms and Canberras and you have only made one Lightning.......Shame on you Bex :doh: .

Seriously though welcome to the forum Bex, look forward to seeing lots of stuff from you :welcome: .

Regards,

John.

All those Phantoms and Canberras and you have only made one Lightning.......Shame on you Bex :doh: .

Seriously though welcome to the forum Bex, look forward to seeing lots of stuff from you :welcome: .

Regards,

John.

THanks for the welcome John. So, when u gonna build a Cranberry? You must have finished "Johns Lightning Only Air Force" by now :evil_laugh:

Bex

:hmmm: A Cranberry you say, must build one I should :hmmm: , Lets think about it for a moment.......

Test flown by none other than the great Roland Beaumont, used as flying engine re-heat test bed for the Lightning (yes thats a Cranberry with afterburners :o ), used as target tugs for the Lighting jocks to shoot at :wacko: and made by none other than English electric themselves.

Sounds appealing no!!???!!!!??, Ok you got me Bex, which one do I go for?.

Regards,

John.

Hi Bex

Sadly, the old fellow passed away a number of years ago....so many questions still to ask.

WH773 was on 80 squadron charge in the 60's ....he will have flown her at one stage or another as he was with 80 for three years 62-65.

In those days, she would have been uncamouflaged though so perhaps you ought to nip down to Halfords and see if you can get a bulk deal on some Nissan Silver rattle cans!

He also flew B2s, T11s of 85 squadron later on in the 60s at Binbrook....happy days!

Look after her well, maybe I ought and pay her a visit some day.

All the best and thank you.

Rich R

Hi Bex

Sadly, the old fellow passed away a number of years ago....so many questions still to ask.

WH773 was on 80 squadron charge in the 60's ....he will have flown her at one stage or another as he was with 80 for three years 62-65.

In those days, she would have been uncamouflaged though so perhaps you ought to nip down to Halfords and see if you can get a bulk deal on some Nissan Silver rattle cans!

He also flew B2s, T11s of 85 squadron later on in the 60s at Binbrook....happy days!

Look after her well, maybe I ought and pay her a visit some day.

All the best and thank you.

Rich R

Rich,

Ive just been through my copy of WH773's AM Form 78, and she was on 80 Sqn between 301067 & 300669 before transfer to 58 Sqn, so, Im afraid to say this is one Canberra your dad didnt fly.

Bex

:hmmm: A Cranberry you say, must build one I should :hmmm: , Lets think about it for a moment.......

Test flown by none other than the great Roland Beaumont, used as flying engine re-heat test bed for the Lightning (yes thats a Cranberry with afterburners :o ), used as target tugs for the Lighting jocks to shoot at :wacko: and made by none other than English electric themselves.

Sounds appealing no!!???!!!!??, Ok you got me Bex, which one do I go for?.

Regards,

John.

John,

If u can get ya hands on one then Ye Olde Airfix B (i) 6 or PR 9 in 1/72. Ive heard the new Airfix 1/48 B Mk8 is supposed to be rather yummy too. Stay away from the Eastern Express B Mk8, I got so narked off with it I couldnt even be bothered to fill in the huge gaping gap between the lower fuselage & wings and the kit is total PANTS. If you were a Cranberry nut like me, I would also say grab some of the B57 variants too, the B57G looks a nasty bird to be on the receiving end of LoL

You must admit the Cranberry although not the fastest or most eyepleasing bird, has a fine Pedigree and I do believe I read somewhere you saying that after seeing Bruntys Cranberry they were growing on you :tease: Oh finally, I will be building one more Frightning in the future, it will be the biggest I can find and will be a copy of our Silver Streak at GAM.

Bex

Rich,

Ive just been through my copy of WH773's AM Form 78, and she was on 80 Sqn between 301067 & 300669 before transfer to 58 Sqn, so, Im afraid to say this is one Canberra your dad didnt fly.

Bex

Thanks for the info Becky, it was good of you to check your lists.

I'm still plucking up the courage to convert the Aeroclub 1/48th B(I)6 to a PR7....the chances of a kit or a conversion are very slim I think! Still, the Airfix B2s will be very welcome....eventually, it'll be eassy to do a T11 from that.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for the info Becky, it was good of you to check your lists.

I'm still plucking up the courage to convert the Aeroclub 1/48th B(I)6 to a PR7....the chances of a kit or a conversion are very slim I think! Still, the Airfix B2s will be very welcome....eventually, it'll be eassy to do a T11 from that.

Cheers

Rich

Rich,

If you do, and you want a complete (ish) PR7 to have a guided tour around give me a shout, i'll show you around 773 & i'll make sure Ive got my folders with me.

Bex