"Yukikaze" Hasegawa 1:350

• 2 weeks later...

That's excellent, the colours look spot on (without wishing to open a whole new debate about colours... :wall: ) and the weathering is really effective.

Nice job on the rigging too, the gauge of material you used is just about right for the visual effect.

And your photography is also very nice! :thumbsup2:

Great job all round!

Al

• 4 months later...

Great job, if I may ask what did you use for the blast bags on the gun mounts. I have been having my problems with the USS Arizona and I dread the KG V with its quad mounts

thanks

Great job, if I may ask what did you use for the blast bags on the gun mounts. I have been having my problems with the USS Arizona and I dread the KG V with its quad mounts

thanks

Thank you guys again. The blast bags are from kit parts. Nice moulded indeed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome to the Unknown Pleasures of ship modelling, it's just as dark and mysterious.

Firstly I think it's an excellent first attempt, although my personal preference is ships on a seabase, but that is just my taste. I consider myself a reasonably experienced ship modeller so on that basis I'll offer some constructive criticism, as I assume that's why you have posted here. A couple of things to consider next time -

1) I'm guessing they are the kit and plastic masts, if you bought brass barrels I suggest get the masts as well, they will look finer and are also stronger. Same goes for the yardarms which are a bit thick in plastic, you could replace with brass rod and taper the ends on sandpaper just to take the square end off.

2) Rust is a tricky one, I think you have done a good job on the hull but be careful on the superstructure, you do see it on ships but not all that often, it's easier to clean off than the hull.

3) The anchor chain is a little thick, you can get smaller especially in 350.

4) The flag at the stern staff would be rigged on to a line rather than onto the staff itself.

5) Rigging would normally be black on ships other than the signal lines, which were left as the natural fibre colour.

Just a few little tips so your next model will be even better, but this is a fine job

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Like the constructive critique from Mike, Always nice to get feedback from a Pro -

• 2 weeks later...

You never fail to impress Arkady, if this is your first ship it is no wonder that all your other ships look so good. I still use your Udaloy as wallpaper on my computer at work! :-) :-) :-)