Apache - 1/32 Revell

Skii

• 2 months later...

Some small updates -

Here is the pit 90% done, I still need some info on the rotor bellcrank / transmission area but I've made a start on 'busying' that area up

pitnearly1.jpg

pitnearly2.jpg

Also made a start on the detail visible in the engine gearboxes

gearbox1.jpg

Here are the seats pretty much done, Milliput cushions, lead foil belts and Eduard buckles and some Accurate Armour SA-80 carbines with scratchbuilt brackets.

seats.jpg

Here is a test fit of the cockpit glazing - note the inside is masked in preparation for some interior detailing

glazing.jpg

These vents were drilled out, and the plastic thinned to a more realistic thickness - some fine mesh secured inside

vents.jpg

Finally the optics have had some attention, the gunners FLIR is transparent plastic sheet coloured on the inside with black marker pen (the upper pilots' FLIR is the kit glazing with the same permanent marker pen applied to the inside) both were then polished to a shine. The laser range finder and optics will be done using miniature lenses - more on that later :)

optics1.jpg

optics2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou chaps :)

I've given the pit a black undercoat and a very light dusting with dark grey, funny how its only under a coat of uniform colour do you get to see the fruits of your labours properly

pitblack1.jpg

pitblack2.jpg

And some basic detailing of the IP's

panel2.jpg

Maybe life isn't too short going to archive all your pics for a future conversion. Who am i kidding i will wait for the upgrade kit. :D

Like the cockpit work the sa80's carbines are nice touch.

Edited by Pilgrim_UK
  • Like 1

cheers chaps :)

Here's the completed panels, a couple of dark shades of grey added to give a bit of depth to the black. Not 110% accurate admittedly but I'm fairly happy with that will be a focal point in a very dark cockpit.

completepanels.jpg

The laser optics were some miniature lenses sealed behind some clear perspex sheet , this will be masked up later to give it a crisp edge.

opticsdone.jpg

Nice work John - did you manage to sort out your decal then? :)

'Kind of' matey - its an artificial horizon from an Fw190, not quite accurate, but it'll do I reckon ;)

gorgeous..... but one bone to pick... can you stop saying "scratchbuilding"... your work is much more "plastic engineering".... if this is scratch then my attempts are even more bin-fodder than I thought......