DKM Scharnhorst

Shar2

Oh my god.

Shar any chance of a 5p or something next to a pic of those small AA guns.

No wonder your going crosseyed.

Jambo

Oh my god.

Shar any chance of a 5p or something next to a pic of those small AA guns.

No wonder your going crosseyed.

Jambo

I've added some more PE to them so will take some piccies tonight with something to show the scale of the blighters.

Jiminy Dave! Those things are microscopic!! :nerd:

Tell me about it. I guess it was wise to start with the smallest then work my way up the calibres of AA weapons. Don't think my eyes could have taken much more of that sort of work. :frantic:

1/350th scale...

I thought that must be a nice scale to build a battleship in....

If i built that it would have lost every AA gun to the carpet monster.

You must have the patience of a saint.

Think this is gonna look cracking when your done

1/350th scale...

I thought that must be a nice scale to build a battleship in....

If i built that it would have lost every AA gun to the carpet monster.

You must have the patience of a saint.

Think this is gonna look cracking when your done

1/350 is a nice scale to work in. My trouble is that having found the world of PE etc I can't build a ship without it. I've also been quite lucky in that what parts have pinged out of the tweezers have either, stayed on the cutting board or have been found after just a quick search of the carpet. There are a couple of spares for each gun though, should things get eaten.

Coming on nicely, can't wait to see it finished!

It will be a while yet. I haven't even started adding the WEM PE yet. :analintruder:

One of the most beautiful Warships ever and it looks like your build will be a cracker. I was very tempted when I heard they were doing it but prudence overcame lust. I'm having enough trouble seeing what I'm doing with HMS Hood!

F

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a great which kit which you are certainly doing justice!

I home-built a watchmakers apron out of an old T-shirt which I find has cut the carpet monster's rations by an order of magnitude!

Of course, I'm not telling you how to build YOUR model.

Al

Edited by PHaTNesS

I like the idea of a watchmakers apron, but I'm so clumsy at times I would just stand up and wander off taking most of the model table with me. :analintruder:

Will have to get back to building this, life just keeps getting in the way.

Looks like a great which kit which you are certainly doing justice!

I home-built a watchmakers apron out of an old T-shirt which I find has cut the carpet monster's rations by an order of magnitude!

Al

What a bloody great idea....I've been purchasing cheap reading glasses with increasing magnification salute.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I really am getting on with this, in between life, work and illness. I've also been doing some more research on where certain weapons go and the ships camo.

Here are some pics of the latest parts that have had me going crosseyed.

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

Great work ,Dave,you must be going cross-eyed with all that tiny PE!!

Cheers,Phil

I am Phil, and I will admit I'm now finding it more of a chore than fun. A lot of the kits plastic parts are incredibly small too, and I'm sure could have easily been moulded on to their relavant positions. Hell, the sprue gates are bigger than some of the parts.

To celebrate the fact that I have finally finished the majority of the small sub assemblies, I thought I'd do a dry run of the large bits fitted to the model. I needed some inspiration to keep going, not because it's a hard build but a fiddly one. Oh! and the instructions are wrong on the main crane build, thank goodness for I had loads of research pics to show me how they should look.

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

Amazing work Dave and thanks for the heads up on the crane. I ordered one of these beauties on Friday and eagerly await its arrival. Are you going to get a Trumpy AR 196 to go with it?

Tony :clif:

Amazing work Dave and thanks for the heads up on the crane. I ordered one of these beauties on Friday and eagerly await its arrival. Are you going to get a Trumpy AR 196 to go with it?

Tony :clif:

Already got a set of Arados, but since I'm painting her as she was on her last voyage I won't be using them. All aircraft were put ashore before the mission. Depending on how this build goes, I might buy another one and build her earlier in her career. Then I can use the aircraft.