Buccaneer S.2B XX889 - 12 Squadron - 1993

TEZ

The subject of this build is XX889 (named Longmorn during the Gulf War). She will be depicted in the last scheme carried by the Buccaneer force, two-tone grey. However, this particular aircraft had a dark sea grey radome, rudder and one elevon. The horizontal tail was painted in the original grey and green scheme. The pylons, ALQ-101 and CBLS were dark green and the Pave Spike was still in the Gulf 'Pink' scheme. The model will be in taxiing mode, wings folded, elevons and rudder deflected and the nose wheel repositioned. This seems a little way off but below is a series of pictures to show progress so far. I have also included a link from Airliners.net of XX889.

XX889 Buccaneer S2B

BUCC1-2.jpg

BUCC3COCKPIT.jpg

BUCC4COCKPIT.jpg

BUCC2TAIL.jpg

BUCC9WINGFOLD.jpg

DSCF1093.jpg

BUCC6WINGS.jpg

BUCC7CREW.jpg

BUCC8CBLS.jpg

regards

Andrew

Edited by TEZ

• 2 months later...

G'day Andrew,

Great progress there, I like the way you have handled the windscreen frame, I assume that is from the F/Path PE set?

What is the go with all the circles that you have added to the upper wings?

cheers,

Pappy

G'day Andrew,

Great progress there, I like the way you have handled the windscreen frame, I assume that is from the F/Path PE set?

What is the go with all the circles that you have added to the upper wings?

cheers,

Pappy

Hi Pappy,

The ones on the inboard wings will be rubbed down (they appear to be large 'studs' - rivets). The ones on the outer wings, again I don't know what they are, seemed common on Buccaneer's from the late 80's onwards. The two 'holes' found on the upper fuselage seemed to be the norm for grey Buccaneers. Yes yo're correct about the windscreen.

Andrew

Hi Pappy,

The ones on the inboard wings will be rubbed down (they appear to be large 'studs' - rivets). The ones on the outer wings, again I don't know what they are, seemed common on Buccaneer's from the late 80's onwards. The two 'holes' found on the upper fuselage seemed to be the norm for grey Buccaneers. Yes yo're correct about the windscreen.

Andrew

G'day Andrew,

Thanks very much for that, I'll have to take a closer look at my ref pics,

cheers,

Pappy