German Fallschirmjager Regt MG 42 gunner Crete 1941

TonyT

Little update, have started the Figure and have been concentrating on his smock, tried hard to get that worn washed and repeatedly ironed look to the collars and pockets etc, if that makes any sense, have started on his trousers though his boots are simply blocked in...... Eyes I am not sure of, will have another go at them, failing that I have some decal ones somewhere, though feel like that is cheating.... Webbing etc I have tried to give them the wet worn and dried out leather look, If I am succeeding in that is up to your views I suppose :)

Hope you enjoy what I have done so far......

P.S have bought a GPMG British Para Afghanistan and a British Bren Gun Para WW2 in the same scale ( 1/9th) I like the simple construction allowing me to concentrate on the hairy stick parts that I find so relaxing......

Cretepara.jpg

Cretepara2.jpg

Cretepara1.jpg

Little update, have started the Figure and have been concentrating on his smock, tried hard to get that worn washed and repeatedly ironed look to the collars and pockets etc, if that makes any sense, have started on his trousers though his boots are simply blocked in...... Eyes I am not sure of, will have another go at them, failing that I have some decal ones somewhere, though feel like that is cheating.... Webbing etc I have tried to give them the wet worn and dried out leather look, If I am succeeding in that is up to your views I suppose :)

Hope you enjoy what I have done so far......

P.S have bought a GPMG British Para Afghanistan and a British Bren Gun Para WW2 in the same scale ( 1/9th) I like the simple construction allowing me to concentrate on the hairy stick parts that I find so relaxing......

I'd say that you've got it bang on the money. Excellent work.

Wow, that looks great! Would love to have a go at a figure. How do you get the clothes to look so good?

Paul I just do the basic colour out of the bottle then add lighter shades over the top and build it up, I tend to seal a layer with aerosol flat varnish ( humbrol) as I go along, I don't tend to be one of the fill it with darker colours in folds etc, as to be honest I think the ambient light does that better than I could, I only use dark occasionally such as down the side of the helmet straps. :) God knows if this is a good technique or not, but it pleases me :)

Edited by TonyT

Working on the eyes to breath some soul into them, but still need some fettling :( remember the pic is huge in comparison as the model is 8 inch tall

eyes.jpg

This is closer to real size, to give you a better idea as to how they look.

eyes1.jpg

Edited by TonyT