* 1/144 scale Dragon Pz38(t)

CliffB

My offering will be this Pz38(t), which comes as part of a Dragon double pack with a PzIV.

I've always had a soft spot for pre-war tank designs with big wheels.....

Pz38t.jpg

In 1/144, the model is tiny, just 30mm x 15mm. Despite its diminuitive size though, the kit has 18 parts, five of which are photo etch. Decals are by Cartograph.

P1070088.jpg

Looking forward to the start of the GB, as hopefully by then I'll have picked up some air cover :door:

Cliff

Edited by CliffB

• 3 weeks later...

Inspired (or should I say shamed), by a day at Telford I thought it really was time I started the Pz.38.

So here is Stage 1 completed; the assembly of the main plastic components. Next will come detailing using the remainder of the plastic parts and the PE.

The front of the box describes the kit as being 'easy assembling' and indeed all the plastic parts will push fit together without glue if required (I'm guessing for wargamers?). To achieve this, Dragon have used a plastic that is slightly rubbery (particularly the wheels/tracks), making cutting difficult without a fresh blade and sanding just about impossible.

I'm looking forward to the 'easy assembling' PE :winkgrin:

Cliff

P1070099.jpg

Some more progress last night, with construction now finished. Pretty much OOB, although I did drill out the end of the main gun barrel and have left off the whip ariel, as it was too over-scale for comfort. I'll replace it with something much thinner after painting.

I have to say it was a very pleasant couple of hours fiddling around with the brass and stuff. Can't take it too seriously. :)

Cliff

P1070122.jpgP1070120.jpg

Many thanks for the comments.

Trevor, I must admit that I won the kit in a raffle - not something I would normally build. It was the only thing I had though that was remotely Blitzkrieg, so I gave it go. Highly recommended for modelling de-tox! ^_^

Cliff

It does look very good. In terms of size it reminds me of Micro Machines (remember them?) but with a genuinely lovely finish on the model, with detail like the aerial and the attactive base you've made. It's impressive.

In this scale you could made an entire Panzer Division and have it on the shelf! hehe.

Well done!

It looks great, especially on that simple but effective display.

I have heaps of 1/144 armour BUT my passion is aircraft.

I've never heard of armour in this scale. Is it a popular scale?

Well I suppose if you don't look you won't find! But it is very popular as it is a good mix of small size and great detail. Good for wargamng too.

1/144 in aircraft is also popular with a vast array of subjects (although a lot are in resin).