This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Erwin

* Belgian Hawker Hurricane : +++FINISHED+++.

Hi all,

I can not build anything else as first entry in this GB than a Belgian subject.

I will use the Airfix kit plus a resin fabric wing conversion set...

hurricane.jpg

Edited by Erwin

I will finish it in these markings.But prior to the pilot's insignia being painted on as I don't have that decal. The thistle decal is also a different color. The one I have is blue from the Classic Airframes kit.

No one seems to know the correct color of the circle.That's why there are so many different decals around.

I can decide to go without the thistle as those were painted on after delivery to Belgium

hurr.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Building the fuselage and cockpit doesn't take long.

I dryfitted the resin wing to see how it goes.I can tell it fits like a glove.Not much filler will be needed.

belg.jpg

Nice clean lines mate and the fit of the wings is top notch. :speak_cool:

Deacon

that wing looks very well designed. Look forward to seeing the thing come along. Only slightly related question- I don't suppose you know whether anyone has done the Belgian thistle markings in 1/72?

Will

that wing looks very well designed. Look forward to seeing the thing come along. Only slightly related question- I don't suppose you know whether anyone has done the Belgian thistle markings in 1/72?

Will

Came across these:

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/hawker-hu...0&art=85295

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/hawker-hu...0&art=85296

I must say I never heard of this brand before, the only difference seem to be the numbers.

Ziet er geweldig uit zover Erwin !

I just got my $7 Airifx Hurri I yesterday. It looks like a great in-flite build.

Im thinking Ill chuck the idea of doing Nicolsons plane and do it simply - basically with whatever markings I can scramble up.

Well done Erwin, you sure built that one fast, but it is a lovely rendition. A very basic, clean design in that version of the Hurricane, but I like it - it is pure fighter!

Well done mate. :clap:

That was a quick build!

Deacon