Dutch Display Viper

Hi

Just started my latest build. This is my first ever "Work In Progress" and i'm not the quickest builder, so you may have to bear with me, but i'll keep you updated as and when there is something new.

This is the bird that i'm planning to build :banghead: :

DSC03654.jpg

I will be using the 1/48 Kinetic F-16AM Nato Viper, with the Eduard Zoom PE Set, and the Syhart Decal Sheet:

DSC04660.jpg

DSC04663.jpg

The Cockpit and Seat were started a few nights ago, so hopefully i'll have some progress pics in a day or two.

Rich.

Lovely scheme! ^_^ If you've not built a Kinetic F-16 kit before, you might want to search out some builds on here so you can avoid any of the pitfalls we may have fallen into :)

Lovely scheme! ^_^ If you've not built a Kinetic F-16 kit before, you might want to search out some builds on here so you can avoid any of the pitfalls we may have fallen into :)

Thanks Mike, I watched your F-16E build closely (mine won't be up to that standard), I will no doubt keep refering back to it as i go along.

I have already found the ejector seat is a very very snug fit between the side walls of the tub!

• 7 months later...

Ok, you know a kit is dragging on too long when you can't find your own build thread!

However the Falcon is not dead, and just to proove it, here's where were at:

5762632893_84f4519847_b.jpg

I hope to start decalling next week, and once i start that i don't want to stop (would hate to loose track of where i got to) so should start heading towards a conclusion pretty quickly now.

Rich

Looking good, I've got my Team Orange attempt at the decal stage.

I'm about 1/2 to 3/4 though the process, take your time and it should go O.K.

Think about what you are doing and its easy to piece the scheme together, I started on the top and worked outwards.

Be carefull with the decal solution, don't let it pool in one area- I know the results!

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

WOW! Didnt know there was a version for models of this bird.

I 'toured' this plane quite a bit, so much that i found a few painters 'mistakes' on it :P Also on the side i found the painters badge. i think it was Fokker .

I have loads of walkaround/detail pictures of it! I think even video. if your unterested..

Edited by AdriaN (MLT)

Hi, yes I did end up using the second pot, I did do a few trials with different primers, so that used some of it up.

I used a matt enamel orange undercoat on mine and 1 pot covered the model fine.

I can see how without a help full undercoat colour you could use a lot of paint to get coverage.

Shaun.

Hi BH

You might want to order another jar of paint. Mine took two!

F1.jpg

W

And here was me thinking that the Kinetic Viper kit was 'unbuildable'.........

says the guy with about a dozen of them in his stash. :analintruder:

• 4 weeks later...