I never learn

Skii

Well, I've decided on my next big project, and I have to say I'm looking forward to it.

I'm going to tackle the old Revell 1/32 Apache and update it to a British Army WAH-64D - I know, I'm a glutton for punishment :o

revell-4575-ah-64-apache-01.jpg

So, apart from the Flightpath set, is there anything esle out there that I should be aware of for this kit, and assuming I scratchbuild the D model sponsons anyone got any suggestions on how to tackle the Radome ?

cheers

John

Reeely? Have you ordered any gubbins from the RealSpace people, or are you going to build it OOB? Will you be using the television headed spacemen? :lol:

Reeely? Have you ordered any gubbins from the RealSpace people, or are you going to build it OOB? Will you be using the television headed spacemen? :lol:

Nowt from realspace, cargobay will be closed, engine bells modified, not reeeplaced ;)

J

Is this a BM record for going off-topic :tease:

Well done on this effort Skii, I always wanted to do this but thought it was too tall an order.

Good luck - we're all counting on you.

I'm going to tackle the old Revell 1/32 Apache and update it to a British Army WAH-64D

I have one of these and thought about coverting it then realised lifes too short.

Edited by Pilgrim_UK

Try the helo modelers over at ARC. If anyone knows how to sort that old kit, its that lot.

Thanks for the input peeps, and yes for a fraction of a moment the Babybel thing had occured to me :P

The sponsons are a challenge, I did a 'D' conversion on an old 1/72 project which isn't 100% accurate but proved to me it was possible..

apache1721.jpg

apache1722.jpg

So, here is the beginnings of the 1/32 project :)

WAH1.jpg

And here is the size comparison if you want to see what a 1/32 Apache looks like :)

comparison.jpg