My Boeing 787 model

I order this kit as soon as it was released last year but at that tine there were no aftermarket decals available so i decided i was going to do the Boeing colours by hand heres some pics i took as i was building

Glued the fuselage together and built and painted the engines

787-1.jpg

i painted the whole fuselage white and then masked off for the light blue and sprayed that on

then comes the hard part masking of to get the stripes i also decided not to use Zvezdas decal provide for the white wavy line i use some 2mm wide masking tape to mask that off

i used 1mm wide tape to get the dark lines down the fuselage hers a couple of pics of it masked off

787-4.jpg

787-6.jpg

i then used Revell 51 which seemed a very close match for Boeings dark blue and sprayed over the fuselage

when i took the tape off this is what i ended up with

787-7.jpg

787-8.jpg

787-9.jpg

787-3.jpg

the only thing i couldnt get with painting was the fading effect of the lines

787-10.jpg

787-11.jpg

more to follow

Richard

Bloody hell that's stunning!!!!!!!!!, u know there are some decals out?

yeah i built it last year just before Giodecal released the aftermarket decal , i had just finished building the model when he released them

heres a few more pictures

the camera bought the light blue out a bit green coloured in this shot

787-13.jpg

787-14.jpg

787-15.jpg

787-16.jpg

787-17.jpg

787-18.jpg

787-19.jpg

787-20.jpg

787-21.jpg

787-32.jpg

these last 3 pictures are of the fully finished model

787-29.jpg

787-30.jpg

787-31.jpg

my next Boeing colours model will be the Boeing 777-200LR just ordered the decals from Giodecals

I know Danny Coremans of Daco products has some of the Boeing House decals coming out very soon

for the Boeing 787 , 737-800 ( Ryainair ) and 737-800 (Alaska Airlines)

heres the link to his page

http://ultra.glo.be/daco/KSky67.html

Wow, what a paint job, well done

Glad to see you are actually getting your Giodecals, I never look anymore as I don't want to be tempted, although I got all my decals from several years ago, it was not a good experience

by the way what's that white stuff on the ground?, says he who lives in the tropics and plans on being at Telford.

Graeme

Wow, what a paint job, well done

Glad to see you are actually getting your Giodecals, I never look anymore as I don't want to be tempted, although I got all my decals from several years ago, it was not a good experience

by the way what's that white stuff on the ground?, says he who lives in the tropics and plans on being at Telford.

Graeme

Hi

it is snow we had quite a lot of snow over here in England arround christmas 2009

Richard

Very nice! Im part way through doing one of these kits, in Monarch livery.

It is a great kit, and those engines are a dream!

i want to do a UNITED one next cant decide weather to do it in the Pre merger colours or the merged Conitinental 'UNITED' scheme

Richard

• 2 years later...