Trumpeter GT 40

Well after a few mad days I have managed to get a bit more done the sparkly seats took me 6 hours over 2 days and became theraputic-lots of coffee and Rush turned up on the cd -maybe I was high.

GT40001-4.jpg

GT40002-5.jpg

GT40003-5.jpg

GT40004-4.jpg

GT40005-3.jpg

These last 2 shots show the different ways I was trying to hold the base plate and in the end although both worked well the Blue tak won the day

Thanks for looking

Stevieboy

Some updates quickly as I have around 3 hours of Robert Plant stuff to watch, the interior is 99% done I have sprayed the fuel pumps and done the wheels which are now Alcladed Chrome with Blue centres had a major issue yesterday though with the tyre decals supplied by Trumpeter they were the "rub over with a wet finger type" and are ++>p been mucking around with p/e today so heres where we are.

GT40001-5.jpg

GT40003-6.jpg

GT40008-3.jpg

GT40001-6.jpg

GT40001-7.jpg

GT40007-6.jpg

More soon

Stevieboy

Shame about the tyre decals. Does anyone make a suitable stencil for spraying the lettering on?

Obi-Jiff :fish:

Hi Obi

I,m going to check my 1/12 decal sheets that I have and I may have a stencil somewhere but after looking at the ""decals"" again in the light of day I have to say that they are even worse than I thought so they are definetly coming off, hopefully I'll get a bit more done tomorrow, sadly there are no stencils in the detail set.

Have fun

Steve

Missed the up dates over the last few days, great progress being made. Those seat must have driven you barmy, I'd have needed a lie down in a very dark room after that 6 hours!

Dash looks good, keep up the good work.

Some more updates but wont get much done this weekend due to a model show and my mothers birthday

GT40002-8.jpg

GT40007-7.jpg

GT40013-4.jpg

GT40014-3.jpg

GT40015-2.jpg

More next week thanks for looking

Stevieboy

Hi Guys,

Not much to show this time as we are in the boring bit of rubbing down the mold lines and there are many of them so heres a few piccies.

GT40001-9.jpg

GT40002-9.jpg

GT40003-8.jpg

GT40004-7.jpg

Still got tons to do so watch out for more later.

Stevieboy

Been doing more bits since the weekend but its getting boring at the moment as we are just rubbing things down and getting rid of mold lines etc, the square mesh in the 1st piccie has to be folded at each end but there is no fold line so extra care was needed and it didn't help that my eyes started watering at the exact second I started to bend.

GT40005-6.jpg

GT40006-6.jpg

GT40007-8.jpg

GT40008-5.jpg

More as and when

Stevieboy

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I have still been plodding along and things go either very quickly or very slowly some of the pics show test fitting and the final 3 show the problems I have encountered this morning more as we get to them.

GT40nebay002.jpg

GT40nebay003.jpg

GT40nebay005.jpg

GT40nebay010.jpg

GT40nebay011.jpg

The following 3 show how I have spent 3 weeks cleaning these up only to find they are too heavy

GT40nebay001-1.jpg

GT40nebay021.jpg

GT40nebay020.jpg

More as and when and a happy new year to you all

Stevieboy

• 3 weeks later...