Trumpeter GT 40

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you share my moments of glory as I'm about to start Trumpeter's GT40 in 1/12th I also have the KA detail set a set of decals to the *8 Alan Mann racing car and a resin spare wheel.

the kitGT40001.jpg

the KA setGT40010.jpg

decalsGT40007.jpg

the (hopefully) finished resultgt40yellow1.jpg

gt40y2.jpg

All the best

Stevieboy

Hi Guys,

I'll answer some of the questions I like the kit, it does have its misgivings but then if a kit was 100% would it not be boring!!! the instructions are ok but the painting guide is virtually non existent and that is on all instructions including the KA set.

I dont like the chrome pieces though and we will definetly be using oven cleaner I got to work on it yesterday but only the menial stuff I'm starting with the bodywork first so as to get it sprayed and then on to all the other bits, as to cost well I got the kit at trade price but everything else was normal and the total cost is probably around $400.

Finally well done to Trumpeter for bringing the kit out

gt40008.jpg

gt40010-1.jpg

The 1st KA sheet (of 8) p/e sets which has the rear spoiler.

more as and when

Stevieboy

I'm toying with getting one of these or the Mclaren MP4/6, can't make my mind up so will be watching with interest as I have built the Mclaren before for a friend probably 10 years agon now and wondered what the Ford was like.

Good luck and in my best Brucie voice, keep posting!

Good day today so here are some pics, and thanks Rishi for the link.

GT40002-1.jpg

GT40003-1.jpg

GT40004-1.jpg

GT40014-1.jpg

GT40015.jpg

GT40007-1.jpg

GT40008-1.jpg

GT40009-1.jpg

GT40010-2.jpg

GT40011.jpg

the detail set

GT40016.jpg

GT40017.jpg

GT40018.jpg

GT40019.jpg

Hopefully -and assuming I can figure a way to spray the body should be primered tomorrow

Best

Stevieboy

I like the separate metal rings for the seats, but I'm not sure whether it would be easier to fit them than painting them on!

Well, I nearly went cross eyed painting them individually on the smaller Fujimi 24th scale kit. :hypnotised:

I think it's one of those situations where there isn't really an easy way to do it, but I quite like this idea.

Have they got a self adhesive backing?.

That detail set is very impressive. I like the separate metal rings for the seats, but I'm not sure whether it would be easier to fit them than painting them on!

Obi-Jiff :fish:

Well, I nearly went cross eyed painting them individually on the smaller Fujimi 24th scale kit. :hypnotised:

I think it's one of those situations where there isn't really an easy way to do it, but I quite like this idea.

Have they got a self adhesive backing?.

Hi Guys,

This is a problem area as KA do not say I think the whole thing is sticky backed and a review in an American mag gives the impression you cut each line out needless to say the seats are not high on the get done quick list, looking forward to the dashboard though we have to remove the air vent on top all the dials and switches and side vents and the dials are p/e with seperate needles

More later

Stevieboy

More pics and an update, the air vents on the sides of the engine cover have been opened to make it more realistic-remember I'm doing the Yellow car so it isnt an option to just paint them black as I'll almost certainly mess them up.

Body is primed and waiting for the Yellow although a gent in the States has pointed me to a couple of possible probs with the doors and the rear bodywork catch but we'll see.

GT40001-3.jpg

GT40002-2.jpg

GT40005-1.jpg

GT40006-2.jpg

Thanks for looking

Stevieboy

Hi Guys, here is an update of where we are although today was a rest day due to head & toothaches I am really pleased with things so far.

GT40002-3.jpg

GT40003-3.jpg

GT40007-3.jpg

Dash prior to being chopped about the following pics are all dash related

GT40008-2.jpg

GT40009-2.jpg

GT40013-2.jpg

GT40014-2.jpg

Thanks for looking, Stevieboy

Thanks looking good Stevieboy. Just for the record what paint did you use.

Plenty of fun ahead with all that PE!

Hi Madmonk,

The paint is Halfords Ford signal Yellow over a grey primer I also spent around 15 mins using a hairdryer over the paint and its worked quite nicely for me,

Stevieboy

More progress this weekend and I have to say I am enjoying this but the detail set is now becoming a pain and as we go along I can see things that KA could have left out to make it cheaper,but still its all good fun?

GT40002-4.jpg

GT40004-3.jpg

GT40006-3.jpg

GT40007-4.jpg

GT40009-3.jpg

The painted seats

GT40010-4.jpg

GT40012-2.jpg

GT40013-3.jpg

Dash 90% done

Thanks for looking

Stevieboy