weight a minute.

korean

I've got a roll of lead flashing. Hack a bit off with the sprue cutters, squash it to shape with the pliers and CA in place. I also use it to make little agitators to drop in tins of paint to help mixing. You can get it from Wickes. A tenners worth should last decades.

If you live near a scuba-diving shop in the UK, you will find that many of them sell lead shot by the Kilogram. Divers use it to fill their weightbelts. The shot is fairly fine and ideal for packing into awkward shaped spaces. I mix mine with araldite to keep it securely in place. Buying in bulk is a lot cheaper long term than buying smaller amounts from an angling shop. A few Kilograms will be enough to last for many, many models :)

Lead-free fishing weights blended into milliput. If not much weight is needed, I sometimes fill the nosecone of a jet with liquid resin - it's amazing how that weight right at the tip does the job ;)

hello all,

Whats the best thing to use for weighting down a model, to stop it becoming a tail sitter? and where do you get it?

Or what do you use?

Korean. :cheers:

I use old wheel weights, bullets, or hardware like nuts bolts, etc.

Most tyre places will have a lot of old wheel balence weights and will happily give you a handfull I have found out.

Works if you have a lot of space, otherise its fishing weights and milliput for me.

Julien

BluTak in the nose- I came unstuck with a He219 though, filled every available space forward of the main

undercart, but it was still a tailsitter!

Proper solution, of course, is to build taildraggers!

Unused self adhesive wheel weights.

They have their weight marked on them & the have adhesive backing, so no glue is required

I use a roll of old lead that was unsuitable when they replaced the roof on my conservatory, it was old and grubby so they bought a new one, I collered the old one for free.

Also be WARNED, old lead will turn powdery over time, so I always coat mine with PVA glue ie nose cones I clip bits to fit, and then fill the gaps with PVA, this glues the lead in place, and seals it too

Dave

if theres enough room 1p or 2p coins glued together =- at laest you now exactly how much it costs!

is it still a capital offence to deface the queens coinage?

just my 2 pennyworth.

Rogerd

I do this, but there again i do build exclusively 1/32 so plenty ot room to stash cash, and i always know where to get my hands on money if i'm desperate.

Nick