SCRATCH BUILT WESTLAND LYSANDER MK 1 1:30 SCALE

Hi Fozzy,

Just followed your WIP thread for the Lysander build and it is inspiring! Makes me want to try some first-principles scratchbuilding (one day....). Where do you get the plans for your builds?

Excellent work again :gobsmacked:

Cheers

Hi James

I normaly search the Internet for free plans....usually take them from Radio Controlled aircraft sites....there is always something about!

Have a go at it mate.....My first Scratch build was crap but the more you do the better you get at it.....I ought to start a Scratch Build appreciation club :D

Cheers

Fozzy

What are you planning to build next - my morning coffee breaks won't be the same without an update on your skills!

Thank you for sharing it

Brian

Hi Brian.....a Cutaway 1:24 Scale Spitfire..........started about 3 years ago but havn't touched it since....so I must try to get it finished.

Thanks for your kind words

Fozzy

Scratch Built using basic materials found lying around in the house...paper,card,bits of plastic,wire and a bit of Balsa Wood

That Lysander is a load of old rubbish........

.....skilfully brought together to make a stunning model. :wicked: It's truly brilliant.

That Lysander is a load of old rubbish........

.....skilfully brought together to make a stunning model. :wicked: It's truly brilliant.

ooooohhhhhh you wicked b######!! :o ...Ill be in Stafford in a couple of weeks...a break from Bulgaria!!

Thanks a lot mate

Fozzy

Edited by Fozzy

that is totaly fantastic scratch built, wow. id be frightened of getting stuck into that incase i couldnt finish it, more to the point were do you start amazing work talent and skills keep it up

lyg.jpg

Fozzy - I just got back from a trip away & I've a few shots of duty free Grouse inside me, so my judgement may be a tad clouded but I reckon that's a real Lizzie. whrere did you see it & When's the model gonna be finished?

Thanks guys!...and welcome back Campbell,I hope you don't have too much of a hang over!

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the horses cart yet!! :)

Fozzy

Thanks guys!...and welcome back Campbell,I hope you don't have too much of a hang over!

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the horses cart yet!! :)

Fozzy

bit of a sore head!

That cart is how the agent got to the landing field, I guess? :)

Hi Kev......The next build is a cutaway Mk1/2 Spitfire in 1:24 Scale. I started it in 2006 and havn't done anything to it for a year but I think I should now get it finished once and for all!!.....Cutaway's are not every ones cup of tea ...but I love doing them :)

Hmmm, I'm just about to start Italeri's 1:72 Spitfire Mk.IX. Why do I get the impression your Spit's going to look a bit more realistic than mine? :fraidnot:

Absolutely brilliant work, Fozzy. Can't wait to see the new one. :thumbsup:

bit of a sore head!

That cart is how the agent got to the landing field, I guess? :)

Come on Campbell...you know the Lysanders the wrong colour for that sort of malarkey! :rolleyes: ....have I missed something...have you completed the Fokker yet?cause I know your fast!!

Hmmm, I'm just about to start Italeri's 1:72 Spitfire Mk.IX. Why do I get the impression your Spit's going to look a bit more realistic than mine? :fraidnot:

Absolutely brilliant work, Fozzy. Can't wait to see the new one. :thumbsup:

Hi there

Thanks for your comments ......I wouldn't be so sure about the Spit.... I have looked at your sketches you know....Well done, they look really good :)

Fozzy

Come on Campbell...you know the Lysanders the wrong colour for that sort of malarkey! :rolleyes: ....have I missed something...have you completed the Fokker yet?cause I know your fast!!

OK - so you claimed to own a Lada, but you've given yourself away. Do you hitch the wife into the traces to get to market?

Almost there with the Fokker - it's looking rather nice to be honest. It's almost a shame that it doesn't need much rigging. I'll be moving on to the Roden Brisfit soon tho'

How do I avoid repeating what everyone else is saying...? :hmmm:

No, it's no good: Fozzy, that Lysander is gorgeous! Really, truly, an inspirational build, not least because it was so quick! It usually takes me that long to get a model out of the box, let alone even think about scratch-building!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of your work. :popcorn:

Dan

My thanks to Kieth,Dan and Steve for your kind comments. ;)

OK - so you claimed to own a Lada, but you've given yourself away. Do you hitch the wife into the traces to get to market?

I think my missus wants a word with you Campbell!!! :P

Cheers

Fozzy

I enjoyed watching this build, incredible. However it's second best....

Seeing the finished article is first !

An inspiration to any modeller

thanks Woody....appreciate it

• 3 years later...