1/48 Airfix TSR2 lives!

Harvs73

I have finally managed to get more work done on the 1/48 Airfix TSR.2 that has been stalled for the last year. I was originally planning on doing a ARDU 'what if' in the orange and white scheme but wanting to finish it before I move at the end of the year I am doing it as the Prototype as supplied in the kit. The decals are all OOB and for the most part went on ok. Some of them needed to be chopped up to be correct as Airfix stuffed it, whilst a few of them still silvered despite being on a gloss surface and applied in a puddle of One Go.

There is still more decals to go and a bit of weathering. All the small bits are not stuck on yet eg wheels, wheel covers, antenna and engine exhaust as these need some help.

P1080157.jpg

P1080158.jpg

P1080160.jpg

P1080161.jpg

P1080163.jpg

These are not the best photos I have ever done but it is big and stretching my photo 'studio'. When I complete the model I will do some much better images.

Edited by Harvs73

These machines give me goose bumps !!

Yours looks very tasty :speak_cool:

Si.

tell me about it im nearly done with my 4th ever plane and 3 of them are tsr 2s lol (all what ifs)

ps yours looks fantastic mate

Edited by mrvr6

A few more images. I have completed the decalling and the wheels are now on. I just have to seal it all up and it is complete. I am going to be using a FOD cover set to hide the intakes and exhaust.

P1080168.jpg

P1080169.jpg

P1080170.jpg

P1080171.jpg

Whilst it doesn't look like much has changed, it has. I have needed to do some work on the underside as I stuffed it a bit but that won't be seen at all. I forgot to mention, I used Tamiya 'Pure White' straight out of the rattle can to get it this colour. It was sprayed over a darkish gray undercoat hence the panel lines looking as they do thanks to the thin paint on the edges of the trenches/panel lines.

Edited by Harvs73