M3 Stuart Honey - new pictures added

Here are a few pictures of the latest tank to roll off of the production line; Academy's M3 Stuart Honey. The model is finished in Tamiya acryics, mixed to match the caunter scheme used in the North African campaign. Weathered with Tamiya Buff and Mig pigments.

M3Stuart4.jpg

M3Stuart5.jpg

M3Stuart6.jpg

M3Stuart7.jpg

M3Stuart8.jpg

Overall it's a nice kit (especially for the price) and goes together very well.

Edited by Paul A H

Thanks chaps! I struggled to get the white balance right in the pictures, which has mucked up the colours and made them look a little warmer than they are. Some tweaking in photoshop has helped, but new pictures are in order!

Thanks everyone! I took some more pics this morning that show the colours of the camo scheme a little bit better. I must admit I do like the caunter colours. I might try and hunt down a Matilda to go with this one day.

I have this kit in the stash, was thinking of building it next. After having a look at your pictures Paul I think i will just keep mine unbuilt in the box

Thanks everyone! :)

I have this kit in the stash, was thinking of building it next. After having a look at your pictures Paul I think i will just keep mine unbuilt in the box

That would be a shame! Go ahead and build it, it's a great kit. Just don't follow the Academy painting instructions...

Thanks everyone! :)

That would be a shame! Go ahead and build it, it's a great kit. Just don't follow the Academy painting instructions...

I've got a great Desert War book in the house with monty in a turretless Honey as a mobile command.

Only prob is the pic is at head height so hard to see what if anything was done to interior or turret ring

Hi Paul,

Thats a mighty fine model brill job. Thanks for replying to my post on the track links. You've made my mind up, rubber band tracks it is if only i could get them as good as yours i'd be ok,

Regards.

I've got a great Desert War book in the house with monty in a turretless Honey as a mobile command.

Only prob is the pic is at head height so hard to see what if anything was done to interior or turret ring

Well if the pic doesn't show the interior, whose to say your interpretation would be wrong? ;) I think the turret basket would have been removed though.

Hi Paul,

Thats a mighty fine model brill job. Thanks for replying to my post on the track links. You've made my mind up, rubber band tracks it is if only i could get them as good as yours i'd be ok,

Regards.

No worries. The trick with vinyl tracks is not to prime them. I just spray a base coat of acrylic in a murky-rusty colour, then drybrush a metalic shade (I use Citadel Boltgun Metal) and then add Mig pigments to taste.

Well if the pic doesn't show the interior, whose to say your interpretation would be wrong? ;) I think the turret basket would have been removed though.

No worries. The trick with vinyl tracks is not to prime them. I just spray a base coat of acrylic in a murky-rusty colour, then drybrush a metalic shade (I use Citadel Boltgun Metal) and then add Mig pigments to taste.

Hi Paul

with regards the command/turretless version of the Honey,

I found a pdf file on WW2talk website which shows the hatch fitted over the turretless hole with either a 50 or 30 cal.

By all accounts taking the turret off them lower the profile and made them fly along...

Simon