Trumpeter 1/32 Flanker B

How did you manage to get that reddish coloured burnt metal effect? I've tried with the red+blue pastels in the tamiya weathering Kit to no avail :( But a fabulous build-it's absolutely amazing!

Hi everyone, thanks again for your praise, considering the company i'm keeping on this site it's high praise indeed, F111FAN the red and blue tones are Alclad hot metal blue/red sprayed over jet exhaust, the red is slightly more subtle than it appears in the picture, for some reason the red tones seamed to "pop" slightly in these pics, hope that helped, and again thanks everyone.

Nick

Wonderful stuff, That is a lovely Flanker! I can highly recommend this kit if anyone gets the chance.

Al is quite right, the Trumpeter Kit builds into a lovely Flanker oob (IMHO) which is just as well cos Iv'e got another one of these to do and cant afford the extras at the moment!

Beautiful

• 2 months later...

If my UB (when I get around to building it) ends up looking anywhere close to yours I'll be happy. Good build. What is it about Soviet aircraft??