Current Build Status

wardy_fingers

Here's my current build status. What you think?

First the subject Jaguar T4 xx847

DSC01876.jpg

Now the build

underside view showing the micro turbo and refuel point details

DSC02525.jpg

Trial fit of wing section

DSC02524.jpg

In progress bits all together

DSC02506.jpg

Makers plate of the said jet. Would look nice on a wooden plinth infront of the finished model :-)

DSC02523.jpg

DSC02526.jpg

Will post further pics of the landing gear when i can upload them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing some more work on the T-bird I've left the legs for the moment and concentrated on the intake boxes and centerline pylon plus I've started work on the external fuel tanks.

Also following a few hints and tips from other treads cheers ALL I've bolstered the joint for the wing fixing at the front with 2 pieces of plasticard.

Any constructive comments would be great.

Cheers Wardy

DSC02530in.jpg

DSC02534in.jpg

DSC02533in.jpg

DSC02532in.jpg

DSC02531in.jpg

DSC02529in.jpg

Brilliant job blending the resin bits to the rest of the fuselage. The landing gear is looking quite nice as well.

I've always thought the family model Jag has a nice look to it. Looking forward too seeing to this one take shape.

Cheers,

Mark

Looking good Wardy. Top effort if you're building the intake internals... For total accuracy remember they do start to change fron rectangular to circular section by widening the rectangluar section from the box to a sq section and fairings until it got to the dustbin at frame 25 (Diffussion Duct being the technical term!!)

Depends how far you are going back...

Edited by Top Cat

Thanks mate the internals of the intakes do blend out to the square section after the intake box, as its so small you can't see it but the internals are for cosmetic reasons just to give the finished model (eventually) some depth and not make it look hollow I was tempted by placing at the back of them a mock up of the first stage compressor blades but you can't see them clear enough so I've binned that idea.

The Legs are comming on nicely only thing is I'm goinig blind and mad doing them so small items being fitted one knock before the glue sets it moves or falls off Arghhhhh

Wardy

• 3 weeks later...
The Legs are comming on nicely only thing is I'm goinig blind and mad doing them so small items being fitted one knock before the glue sets it moves or falls off Arghhhhh

Wardy

Dont you just love plasticard?! Nice efforts on your part and what a lot of resin. Great fofos, too.

Dont you just love plasticard?! Nice efforts on your part and what a lot of resin. Great fofos, too.

Yeah its great stuff thanks for the comments.

Just got back after going to China Lake with my new post with the Hercules C130k doing some RWR stuff not as good as the Jag dets but hey can't have it all, so not much progress at all sorry to say, I'm waning a little it's seems as if I've caught the build blues again maybe after xmas I'll perk up.

Just out of interest is there a model of the C130K with all the LIRCM / DIRCM kit?

Until my next update Happy Christmas

Wardy

Yeah its great stuff thanks for the comments.

Just got back after going to China Lake with my new post with the Hercules C130k doing some RWR stuff not as good as the Jag dets but hey can't have it all, so not much progress at all sorry to say, I'm waning a little it's seems as if I've caught the build blues again maybe after xmas I'll perk up.

Just out of interest is there a model of the C130K with all the LIRCM / DIRCM kit?

Until my next update Happy Christmas

Wardy

Will be soon :winkgrin:

Have you came down here then?

Jen.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Sorry for no updates, some sad news due to RAF work I am pulling out of the group build the cat / cats I intended to build are at a stage which will easily allow me to complete them in the next year I hope but they will get completed they hold so much fond memories for me to have worked on and flew in one.

Thanks all for the hints and tips

Mike for the intakes which will allow the the other 2 birds to be finally sprayed at some point, thanks mate.

Signing out

THE ROAR OF THE ADOUR

Andy Ward

Still here but the time needed to do a good job on them is only coming about in small dribs and drabs, I want to finish them to a high standard for a display to go with the bits I got when the Jags dissbanded as a fitting memory I'll still post updates when they come but as an interim update the main legs are almost there and they look mighty fine if i say so myself lol

Wardy