Novo Fairey Delta II

TimJ

For my first Britmodeller GB I will be building a Fairey Delta I bought (and probably started) sometime in the 1980's.

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

As you can see I only got as far as assembling the nose so I thought this GB would be a good opportunity to get it finished. I'm a bit worried about the dreaded Novo decals but I have some Modeldecal sheets in reserve just in case.

Nice choice. I remember building one in the late seventies, putting the decals on the bare plastic. There were gluey fingerprints all over it too, but I loved it. Looking back, I'm surprised I got the nose to work at such a young age!

Obi-Jiff :fish:

• 2 months later...
Undercarriage up or down?

I'll be building it with the undercarriage up. The doors for the main undercarriage looked as if they'd be a bit tricky to fit individually so I attached them to a piece of plastic card to make sure they were all level.

DSCF1658.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the lack of progress but I'm getting there.

As the side windows in the canopy are too far back I filled them in and with a drill and a sharp blade I cut out some new ones.

DSCF1689.jpg

DSCF1706.jpg

After filling and sanding I've got the primer on today.

DSCF1709.jpg

I'll get the paint on tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd post an update on this one.

I gave it two coats of silver and drilled a couple of holes in the underside so that I could fit it onto an Italeri stand. Unfortunately when I tried to fit it onto the stand the pegs were bigger than the holes and the fuselage seam split open. :( After the seam was stuck together and the holes filled I drilled another hole for a Games Workshop stand which, I'm pleased to say , fits a lot better and being smaller and clear plastic is a lot less visible.

DSCF1719.jpg

I just need to repaint the underside, paint the anti glare panel and add athe decals and it'll be finished.