F4U-1D Corsair

How are you finishing such masterpieces in such a short time?!?!?! WONDERFUL!!!

Just one think...and I only noticed it, caused I did it wrong at my Corsair...The white decal stripes in front of the cockpit are no markings. That should depict tape that was glued to the fuselage...BUT, I just can't remember the reason. I guess it was done to avoid oil spills flowing to the cockpit, but that is only a guess. So maybe you shouldn't have done the wash on it.

Please don't take that as a critique!!! I would be more than happy if I would have your talent and speed! :worthy:

Great job!

Alex

That should depict tape that was glued to the fuselage...BUT, I just can't remember the reason. I guess it was done to avoid oil spills flowing to the cockpit, but that is only a guess.

I remember it being taped to avoid fuel leakage..

Sid

I can't see the pics, but the speed and quality that you put models together is incredible. I really enjoy watching your build threads.

Pics now back. Wow, love the paint work.

Edited by woody37

• 6 years later...

Incredible detail and finishing!

May I ask what scale this is?  Humble apologies if this is clear somewhere in the post and I failed to notice it.

:thumbsup:

I would have to go without sleep to complete a model of this detail, and it wouldn't be a fraction as good as yours. Stunning!