Alps/OKI Decal Printer. Any users in Britmodeller?

itsafokker

They supply one with this I believe

http://www.alps-supplies.com/alps-md5500-m...ivers-p-28.html

you could try contacting them, there are some software sold on ebay usa, i have some drivers I got off the web that runs on XP for mine, but I do not know if it is compatible.... at work at the moment.

Thanks Tony, that sounds helpful. My original driver CD is Win 95/98 so maybe the XP driver will still work with Vista. I'll have a look around the website you forwarded the link to.

Thanks again

David

Hi David,

there is quite a large following of Alps/OKI 5000 users and they have a blog on Yahoo Groups.

I access it at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Alps/messages?o=1 (although you may have to register to get on the forum; this is free).

They have loads of information and help on all manner of issues and fixes for the Alps and OKI 5000 printers. I have an OKI 5000 myself.

HTH

Mike

Hi David,

there is quite a large following of Alps/OKI 5000 users and they have a blog on Yahoo Groups.

I access it at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Alps/messages?o=1 (although you may have to register to get on the forum; this is free).

They have loads of information and help on all manner of issues and fixes for the Alps and OKI 5000 printers. I have an OKI 5000 myself.

HTH

Mike

I downloaded the 2.2.2 version of the OKI driver, which I believe is an XP driver. But when trying to install I got an error message "The service cannot be installed due to an unknown error". Can I ask which driver you are using and whether you are on Windows Vista?

Thanks for your help.

David

I have mdp224xp5000 zip and MDPRNT_NT_W2K_XP.zip files which is possibly 2.2.2.b2 i also have a 2.2.4, though the default is at the first. I have 2 files i downloaded PM me an email addy and will send

Edited by TonyT

• 2 weeks later...
I have mdp224xp5000 zip and MDPRNT_NT_W2K_XP.zip files which is possibly 2.2.2.b2 i also have a 2.2.4, though the default is at the first. I have 2 files i downloaded PM me an email addy and will send

Hi Tony

Well after some effort I have failed to make this printer work under Vista. I think there is probably a way to make it work, possibly by emulating XP within Vista but I've given up! So as I want to buy a mask cutter instead I've put it on ebay and will put the procedes to that.

I thought of selling it here but I am not sure how much to ask for it, so I've auctioned it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

David