Bristol Bulldog

Amo Aero

Very nice ideed. it's amazing what can be done with the older kits with some TLC...!!

Cheers,

ggc

Now that sir, is a Bulldog! :wub::worthy: Well done! Makes me think about pulling one of my Pryo boxings off the shelf and have at it! Again, very lovely, looking forward to seeing more silver wings builds from you :):goodjob:

Cheers,

Doug

Thank you, everyone, for the positive comments!

The model was sprayed with Floquil Old Silver, then the metal panels on the forward fuselage were masked off, and the exposed surfaces were lightly sprayed with a flat coat. After removing the masks, the contrast between flat and bright creates the illusion of metal and doped fabric.

The decals are from Model Alliance's superb "Silver Wings" set (can't remember if they are from Part I or II--I have both). If you are at all interested in building RAF interwar airplanes, these sets are well worth the cost--they provide many colorful markings options for several different types.

Wow , thats a real stunner , i built that kit in the same markings a while back ( see pics below )

The model alliance sheet is as Boc says surpurb , gives you lots of options. incidently those markings are for Douglas Barders Bulldog in which he lost his legs.

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Wow , thats a real stunner , i built that kit in the same markings a while back ( see pics below )

The model alliance sheet is as Boc says surpurb , gives you lots of options. incidently those markings are for Douglas Barders Bulldog in which he lost his legs.

Nice work!

Nice kit, where did you get it from

The kit has been released over the years under the Inpact, Life-Like, Pyro, and Lindbergh labels. Lindbergh is the most recent reissue--it shouldn't be too hard to find. Even the older issues can be found with a little bit of searching in the second hand market.