HMS Hood 1/350

Hi thanks for the comments,build going slow,trouble is ,my shipyard is up the loft,and have to move down stairs in the winter and Hood will have to stay up the loft were its safe,plenty to do.Started the wee boats.As for rigging l use nylon thread these days,of different thickness ,gave up on heated sprue years ago.I find it does not last in the long run.

I'm finding that sprue doesn't last in the short run! Maybe it's just that I have too many thumbs!

F

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good there, i have always liked the older ships rather than the newer ones, they just seem more busy and nicer to look at, while the Newer ones look plain and boring. Are you gonna do her as a Diorama on water? If so please show how you do the water i have always wanted to know.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you all know HMS Hood is ticking along slowly ,but now coming together,I can see why folk give up ,especailly when adding photo etching and rigging,is a long project

DSCF2727.jpg

Great ship to make, pure history

Edited by Chris Hewitt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Beautiful work on a beautiful ship. Great details and great colouring. I'm still picking at my Iron Shipwright Hood.

Cheers,

Don