Trumpy Su-24 Fencer

zipper

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone was actually building one as I can't find much in the way of WIPs on here or on ARC as I am quite tempted to pick one up at the Nationals in November.

Anyone know the size of the span once complete in the open position as I did read that the Fuselage is 19" long so she's quite a beast.

Cheers,

Ashley :photo:

Hi Ashley,wings fully extended it measures out at approx 361mm.September 2010 issue #62 of Model Airplane International has a build article.

Dave.

Thanks Dave, I'll get one ordered off the website so I can read it when I get home before the Nationals, forget to look at the Magazine sites as you lose touch of whats happening when you havn't got a WHSmiths around :weep: is it a pretty good article? A double wammy though as it has a Buccaneer article too, happy days :D

Yes,its a good article,makes me want to go out and buy a Fencer,even though Soviet stuff not usually my bag.Brick article good aswell,got the Airfix 48th in the stash with a load of goodies to mess with,but must resist starting it as I've other kits (3) on the bench to finish before I open another box,oh yes,and Telford coming up soon,drat!

Dave.

Yes!! :analintruder:

Here's the latest one of the bench and now available as a full video build on the Promodellers site

SU-24_1.jpg

SU-24_13.jpg

SU-24_2.jpg

SU-24_4.jpg

SU-24_33.jpg

Loads more photos, as well as the 4 hour video of the whole build on the promodellers.com site

I have also put the full weathering video on the free to view areas of the site here Airbrush weathering

DSCF0642.jpg

Phil,

That is just outstanding!! Just love your builds, looking forward to a catch up at the Nats

chuffin heck Phill,

that looks tasty, almost make me wish I did 1.32

Julien

Mate, thats a 48th bird the new trumpy kit, very tempted indeed looking at Phils stunning work as normal

Mate, thats a 48th bird the new trumpy kit, very tempted indeed looking at Phils stunning work as normal

Arhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

did you have to tell me that! my wallet has already gone into pre telford melt down! :jump_fire:

Julien

Arhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

did you have to tell me that! my wallet has already gone into pre telford melt down! :jump_fire:

Julien

Go on Julien,

You know that you NEED it! :evil_laugh:

Considering that it costs 3-4 times what I usually pay for a 1/48 jet, I am safe from temptation, as long as they don't come out with a SU-24MR reconnaissance version. :hypnotised:

Larry

Go on Julien,

You know that you NEED it! :evil_laugh:

Considering that it costs 3-4 times what I usually pay for a 1/48 jet, I am safe from temptation, as long as they don't come out with a SU-24MR reconnaissance version. :hypnotised:

Larry

Ouch just saw the retail at £74.99, its nice but NOT that nice.

My whole recent order of 1.72 kits from Models for sale only came to £65!

Sorry but not getting one at that price.... well maybe if they do a SU-24MR! :analintruder:

Julien

Ouch just saw the retail at £74.99, its nice but NOT that nice.

My whole recent order of 1.72 kits from Models for sale only came to £65!

Sorry but not getting one at that price.... well maybe if they do a SU-24MR! :analintruder:

Julien

Mate, don't forget its 697pcs :analintruder:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10102857 break down of everything, would sit nicely next to a F-111 :D

Here is a build review on another site- hope it helps....

Lee

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...5258&page=1

Lee and V.P, many thanks for your links they will come in handy and a good bed time read.

OK guys quick rundown of the kit :analintruder:

It goes together great apart from the spine, as it's a flat area it's a nightmare. Better to bite the bullet and fill the lot and fill sand and fill again and so on and then re scribe and rivet the whole thing!!

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0512.jpg

DSCF0516.jpg

DSCF0522.jpg

DSCF0542.jpg

Edited by Phil @ Promodeller

Just Stunning Phil, would love to see her at the Nats or is she a commission? Love the weathering and watched your weathering clip tonight, loving the tanks did you just chip the paint off?

I remember you saying on your news up date about the top seam being a pig and just fill it and sand and rescribe, cracking stuff mate.

• 10 months later...