RAF Jaguar

RAF Laarbruch

hey all, spent a wonderful couple of hours at an active airfeild near my house. What a day, we powered up the T4,not the engines but all the elctrical stuff. and wow it was fantastic, i was in the front seat, it was amazing, the one i sat in, is getting ready to be used for taxi runs , as several are already used for taxiying and marshallling, was an amazing sight to see, yet somewhat sad if you get what i mean, the main man, my uncle showed us around,so thanks to him for a great time. sorry about the w*** photos, enjoy

IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/RAFLaarbruch/PICT0168.jpg[/img][/img]

PICT0169.jpg[/img]

PICT0170.jpg[/img]

PICT0172.jpg[/img]

PICT0173.jpg[/img]

PICT0175.jpg[/img]

PICT0176.jpg[/img]

PICT0177.jpg[/img]

PICT0181.jpg[/img]

PICT0182.jpg[/img]

PICT0197.jpg[/img]

PICT0201.jpg[/img]

no worries matey, ill see what i can do, ill be back over there in about 2 weeks, so ill promise to it, i had you at the back of my mind when i read your earlier posts regarding this.

ill pm you them but put them for everyone to have a look at too. :analintruder:

Err, donlt mean to sound funny but what the bleedin 'ell is German doing on the side of a British Jag :o

RAF Germany aircrafts have to wear those signs. I don't know exactly wich signs are in both languages but on the Jaguar the emergency canopy relase had them in both ways. I don't know if it's German law or RAF rule.

no worries matey, ill see what i can do, ill be back over there in about 2 weeks, so ill promise to it, i had you at the back of my mind when i read your earlier posts regarding this.

ill pm you them but put them for everyone to have a look at too. :analintruder:

Thanks again!!!

Now I only need the damn replacement for the right fuselage half of my kit. :angrysoapbox.sml:

I don't know if it's German law or RAF rule.

No doubt the Health and Safety Executive are as as highly developed in Germany as they are here.

But i bet they aren't allowed to call theirs "nazis".....

Ski, shot was taken from a Jaguar T4, off Newcastle as part of a five-ship sortie. I've got some more shots somewhere but here's another one for your amusement:-

Untitled-1.jpg

The dual language markings were common to all Jaguars in RAF Germany, and appeared on the Tornado and Harrier too - not sure at what stage they first appeared but I don't think the Lightnings at Gutersloh ever had them applied (or did they? It's a long time ago!). The logic behind the application was that if an aircraft crashed in Germany, it made good sense to ensure that the locals could read the rescue markings :-)

Edited by Tim

The dual language markings were common to all Jaguars in RAF Germany, and appeared on the Tornado and Harrier too - not sure at what stage they first appeared but I don't think the Lightnings at Gutersloh ever had them applied (or did they? It's a long time ago!). The logic behind the application was that if an aircraft crashed in Germany, it made good sense to ensure that the locals could read the rescue markings :-)

Beautiful shots Tim!!!

Thanks for the info. I knew the reason for the markings but couldn't find a good photo or decal to build a RAFG a/c.

Cheers,

Alex

Gary, no, I just don't bother posting much on the aeroplane forums any longer - they're full of idiots!

Alex, don't Extradecal do any markings for RAFG Jaguars? I guess the only other option is Modeldecals in 72nd scale... or making your own!

Edited by Tim

Yep, I remember seeing you guys up at the fence, thinking you were either brave or mad being out there on such a wild n windy morning. Talk about dedication... !

Yep, I remember seeing you guys up at the fence, thinking you were either brave or mad being out there on such a wild n windy morning. Talk about dedication... !

Yep, Dean and I were propping the fence up while you were all cosy in the back seat - I think Dean posted the pic of you in the T4 on UKAR?

Not sure to be honest - I probably missed the shots if they were on UKAR. I did drive round to the approach end road once I got off base and spoke to a couple of guys there. One fellah sent me a couple of shots and I sent him some back, so I had a landing shot of me lookin at him lookin at me lookin at him... what a lark!

Yep, Dean and I were propping the fence up while you were all cosy in the back seat - I think Dean posted the pic of you in the T4 on UKAR?

I posted some shots from the day on UKAR and on FC, but alot of my shots through the fence, and of the Jag flight, didn't come out that great.