Harrier GB

Although there's a 24th scale SHAR in the stash I'll likely enter one of various 48th or 72nd scale kits depending on duration.

I'd like to do one of my 1/24 kits, but I will more than likely be doing a FRS1 or 2 in 1/48 as I don't have the room to store anything bigger at the moment.

More than one Harrier on my build plan so I would be keen to join as well. Most likely a GR.7/9 but definitely 1/48.

Hi Doug and Mish,

Please can you just clarify something? Doug, in your 2nd Jan 3.01pm post you mention that "Mish has suggested that we could make this a SIG build rather than a GB". What do you mean by SIG in this context? I see that a few of the names who've signed up are or have been IPMS(UK) Harrier Special Interest Group (i.e. SIG) members , but none of them have said anything about this GB to me or others in the Harrier SIG.

Of course I'm happy for you all to be building Harriers, and look forward to seeing the results, but would like the 'SIG' aspect clarifying for all concerned.

Many thanks,

Nick

Edited by NG899

Hi Doug and Mish,

Please can you just clarify something? Doug, in your 2nd Jan 3.01pm post you mention that "Mish has suggested that we could make this a SIG build rather than a GB". What do you mean by SIG in this context? I see that a few of the names who've signed up are or have been IPMS(UK) Harrier Special Interest Group (i.e. SIG) members , but none of them have said anything about this GB to me or others in the Harrier SIG.

Of course I'm happy for you all to be building Harriers, and look forward to seeing the results, but would like the 'SIG' aspect clarifying for all concerned.

Many thanks,

Nick

nick mish is altering the gb processes there are normal gbs and short ones for a single aircraft, i.e. harrier, tonka ect i think this is whats ment just a mix up of terminology i think

Thanks Mark, I hope Doug and/or Mish confirm the same. As SIGs (Special Interest Groups) are already established in many areas of modelling, I trust that another acronym will be found for single aircraft GBs; mind you SAGs doesn't sound too healthy!

It's quite a list of builders and models being planned, it's a shame they'll probably never all be seen in one place in the plastic rather than as pixels...

Cheers,

Nick

Just a quick update on interested people, up to 30 now...

Doug Rogers

Shar2

Enzo Matrix

Deon

markmarples

bexwh773

Sammy

Graham77

bigbadbadge

Royster

PHIL B

Mish

F111Fan

walrus

daz greenwood

tornado fan

Seamus

ChocksAway

Vingtor

Bill Clark

Kirk

MadNurseGaz

kstater94

Devilfish

RobMac

Stephen

MiG Mongoose

Murdo

timt

Giorgio N

Busdriver

theplasticsurgeon

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, more a lurker. But I'm very interested in joining this group build.

Thanks Mark, I hope Doug and/or Mish confirm the same. As SIGs (Special Interest Groups) are already established in many areas of modelling, I trust that another acronym will be found for single aircraft GBs; mind you SAGs doesn't sound too healthy!

It's quite a list of builders and models being planned, it's a shame they'll probably never all be seen in one place in the plastic rather than as pixels...

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick, Yes exactly as Mark has said, the intent was for it to be a one off, sort of condensed group Build. As our Group Build schedule is proving so popular these days, we were looking at a waiting time of something like 18 months for a Group Build.

Please be assured there's no intention of trying to encroach on your fantastic established Harrier SIG, perhaps we should call them SIB's, special interest builds?

Can I interest you in joining the build Nick, your expertise would be most welcome?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, more a lurker. But I'm very interested in joining this group build.

Hi there, yes you're most welcome to join!

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the news. I'd be happy to join but my build deadlines are mainly Nov 2011 - GR9, T12, P1127; plus 2x FRS1s for mid-Feb - all in 48th. The SHARs are started and just need final painting and detailing; though I appreciate they may not qualify as having been started last year.

It would be good if between us we could arrange through the IPMS(UK)'s Exec Cttee for as many as possible of the SIB models to be displayed at SMW in Nov, alongside the Harrier SIG's display.

What do you think? (I must warn you now that I'll be way too busy to help you set-up and man the display if it happens, but will help as I can; sorry!)

What do the other builders think?

If it's a go-er, I'll approach the EC on the SIB's behalf.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the news. I'd be happy to join but my build deadlines are mainly Nov 2011 - GR9, T12, P1127; plus 2x FRS1s for mid-Feb - all in 48th. The SHARs are started and just need final painting and detailing; though I appreciate they may not qualify as having been started last year.

It would be good if between us we could arrange through the IPMS(UK)'s Exec Cttee for as many as possible of the SIB models to be displayed at SMW in Nov, alongside the Harrier SIG's display.

What do you think? (I must warn you now that I'll be way too busy to help you set-up and man the display if it happens, but will help as I can; sorry!)

What do the other builders think?

If it's a go-er, I'll approach the EC on the SIB's behalf.

Cheers,

Nick

Sounds like you're a bit busy then Nick :hypnotised:

Like the sound of the Harrier display at SMW in principle, I'd better leave the mods to consider whether it's a goer politically seeing as were not IPMS affiliated etc... :shrug:

Mish - Perhaps we should refer to it as a SIB in the interests of political correctness in this instance...where's Greg, isn't he the expert in this field? :whistle:

Hi guys I've just had a look through the stash & I've got a Hase 1/48 AV-8B Harrier II Plus which I'd love to do for this GB.

Any idea of start dates?

How does the 9th of April 2011 to the 10th September sound guys

not bad. time frame is good, for those of us with big 24th kits...

was hoping it would be in the 25th aniv of the falklands, esp for the ones wanting to do a aniv harrier.