Blitzkrieg GB : confirmed build(s).

Erwin

gb.jpg

Hi all,

With the GB just under two months away,it's time to decide and confirm your inteded build.(You can ofcourse still change your mind.It's just a topic to bring the GB in the spotlights)

The GB is open for any subject that participated in the Blitzkrieg up to the Battle of Britain. British subject from the "Phoney War" are allowed.

Add your reply and I will edit according to country.

INVADED COUNTRIES: 13

120px-Roundel_of_the_Belgian_Air_Force_svg.pngBELGIUM

1: Hawker Hurricane : Erwin (GB-host)

120px-Royal_Danish_Air_Force_Roundel_svg.pngDENMARK

1: Fokker CVE: GPNGROATS.

120px-Roundel_of_the_French_Air_Force_before_1945_svg.pngFRANCE

1: Morane Saulnier 406 : Erwin (GB-host)

2: Curtiss H-75a : Speedster.

3: Dewoitine 520: Mish.

4: Char B1 : TimJ

5: Renault FT 17 : TimJ

120px-Netherlands_roundel_WW2_svg.pngNETHERLANDS

1: Fokker G-1: Deon.

1: DC-3 : CPNGROATS.

120px-Norwegian_Army_Air_Service_WW2_svg.pngNORWAY

1: Heinkel 115 :killingholme.

120px-Szachownica-till1993_svg.pngPOLAND

1: PZL 37 B: CPNGROATS.

2: PZL 23 Karas: MadNurseGaz.

3: LWS 14 "Czapla" : killingholme.

INVADER: 13

120px-Balkenkreuz_svg.pngGERMANY

1: Bf 109 E-1 : Erwin (GB-host)

2: Bf 109 D-1 : Enzo Matrix.

3: Pz 38(t) : Cliff B.

4: StuG III A : Slippery Jim.

5: PzKw IV -D: CPNGROATS.

6: Artillerie with horses: mrcooljules.

7: Bf 109 D : Wayne.

8: undecided subject : RobMac

9: Pz IV C: smuts.

10: BMW R-75 with side car : smuts.

11:Sd.Kfz 251/3: Jamieb.

12:Bf 109 E3 : Jazzy Jase.

13: Sd Kfz 251 diorama: Jamieb.

raf.gifBRITAIN

1: A-13 Cruiser: smuts.

2: Hawker Hurricane Mk1 : Ham.

Edited by Erwin

The Germans are building up their forces on the Polish border ! :frantic:

The only ones able to stop them so far are the Belgian Hurricane and Frensh MS 406 . High time the other contries brought their armies to full allert !

Edited by Erwin

Erwin: By way of confirmation, my builds: 1.) Polish, PZL 37B 1/72 [ twin engined bomber ], 2.) German Mk IV Ausf D 1/48.

Blitzkrieg Cheers,

ggc

I'll be in with a 110 Squadron (RAF) Blenheim IV.

Sorry,but this GB in for subjects from the INVADED countries and Germany only.

The Channel Islands occupied don't make Britain an invaded country to the full meaning of the word.

Edited by Erwin

The only other kit I have that may fit is a Ju290 Seeadler. Could I use this for the GB? If not, put me down for something Luftwaffe. I'll confirm once I got summut ;)

The Ju290 made it's first flight on 16 th July 1942. Way out of the Blitzkrieg time-frame.

Nice build-up of forces so far.

I just hope Denmark and Norway can join the rest to try and stop the Germans.So far they've only send a few 109's to clear the sky and some panzers to test the resistance.

I'm sure it won't be long before we see the first bombers.

Edited by Erwin

Erwin. What options are there for a Denmark defender(s)..what type of a/c did they fly and what is available in kit form...I guess i have the same question concerning Norway...

Please to advise...

tks,

ggc

Erwin. What options are there for a Denmark defender(s)..what type of a/c did they fly and what is available in kit form...I guess i have the same question concerning Norway...

Norway had Gloster Gladiators. Some profiles here.

Thanks for the link Enzo> I did a little searching on the internet looking for info/illustrations of period Danish a/c and came up with some interesting data on the types of a/c but few if any detailed paint scheme/markings info for any a/c in use when the Germans invaded...9 April 1940. Type use included; Gloster Gauntlet, Fokker DXXI, Fokker CV m/33 and m/26, Tiger Moth, Fokker CVM/26, Cierva C-30A[autogyro], Hawkier Nimrod, Hawker Dantorp [torpedo bomber], Heinkel He-8 [recon float plane], Avro Tutor and a DH 89 Dragon R [transport]

Some of these are available in kit form. Does anyone know where a/c profiles (color) can be found..??

Perhaps if adequate info is located Denmark can be represented in this GB...

Blitzkrieg GB Cheers,

ggc

Erwin: I wish to add another build to this effort. A Dutch DC-3 using the Minicraft 1/144 kit that actually has the markings for KLM PH-ALR that survived the German attack and the German occupation. The Germans impresed some surviving DC-3's but others were impressed into British service. On 5 August 1940 this aircraft was allocated the British registration of G-AGBC. This a/c later crashed at Heston while in British service.

My documentation, as noted above, comes from Profile Publications # 96, "The Douglas DC-3 (pre-1942)"

Blitzkrieg Cheers,

ggc

Perhaps if adequate info is located Denmark can be represented in this GB...

Blitzkrieg GB Cheers,

ggc

Hi ggc

I have in my stash an old Airmodel vacform of a Fokker C.V.E., one of the suggested paint schemes for which is one of the Danish versions captured by the Germans in 1940. Unfortunately, no decals provided. It's overall silver with red/white roundels and black registration letters.

CVE.jpg

Despite its age (and origins), the kit actually looks quite good and includes some nice resin parts.

I picked it up cheaply a few years ago with the naive intention of converting it to a C.V.b. Fortunately, Omega Resins have since released a 'b' (the conversion would have been a nightmare), so this vac form is now very much surplus to my requirements.

It would be great to see it made up in Danish markings so if you, or anyone else for that matter, is seriously interested in having a go I'd be pleased to donate it to the cause.

Cheers

Cliff