Busdriver's entries...

Mark

Guys, thank you so much for the kind words and as for...

Strewth - you don't hang about, do you Mark?! How long did you let the Pearl paint on the fuselage dry before masking for the red??

Mike, it was the grey that was probably not dry before spraying the mica pearlescent effect. But that was thinned 50:50 with Tamiya enamel thinners and I find that Xtracolour paints work beautifully wit this stuff and it cuts the drying time down incredibly. Oh, and a little help from the hairdryer!! ;)

Here's a taste of things to come... And Al, look away NOW!!!

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

That's it for today, tomorrow I have got the A340's main undercarriage to finish as well as the engines to complete, the pylons need painting, as well as the fan blades painted. As Kev1n has mentioned, there's tons of possibilities with respect to detailing, but where do you stop? The one thing that I would like to add are the pitot tubes and apart from the Skyline B737 kits, I don't know any airliner models that have come with that much detail and I'm definitely not going to buy two Skyline B737 kits just for the pitot tubes!! But there is a lot of detail that can easily be seen, so if time permits, I'll try and get them both looking like this...

a330-pitot-probes.jpg

Edited by Busdriver

I don't know any airliner models that have come with that much detail and I'm definitely not going to buy two Skyline B737 kits just for the pitot tubes!! But there is a lot of detail that can easily be

Probably a bit late for these builds Mark, but do you know about the extratech etch sheets? They usually include pitot tubes & the like & they're available for most (if not all) the Revell 'buses;

http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/advan...amp;x=9&y=7

Me, I'm too skint (just like Kev1n!! :P ) to buy them, so I'll stick with lead wire & plasticard!!

Keef

oooOOOOO....AWEsome!

they look gorgeous - take no notice of those who say "you dont hang about"

I say - Dont hang about :)

"...there's tons of possibilities with respect to detailing, but where do you stop?..."

stop ?

Hi all,

I've been quite busy with the day job this week, but a couple of days off now means that I cam crack on with the 'busses... Here's the progress so far:

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

Somewhere in my collection of aircraft images I've got this picture, but of the full sized version...

DSC_0617.jpg

And the minibus has not been neglected and just needs the horizontal stabilsers and engines fitted and then she's finished!

DSC_0624.jpg

Thanks for all of the messages of support, off to make a coffee now and then the A340-600 needs some more work...

Oooh, I like both of them, even with the decal flightdeck windows!! That Emirates scheme is just lovely! I quite fancy that Iberia scheme too, but as I don't have a minibus in stock I must resist!! (especially as I just ordered a Hase 1/200 Tristar from Heritage!!)

Looking forward to seeing the progress on the 340. Shouldn't have long to wait....!!!

Keef

Hi all,

Just taking a break from the Airbusses on here in order to finish off my little Fokker. I am trying to do my CV in modelling the airliners that I have flown and I spent 1994-1999 working for Royal Brunei on the B757 and B767, but I did spend 18 months on the Fokker 100. Here's V8-RB4, previously HB-IVG with Swissair and sold to Fokker Services. I know she went on to Alpi Eagles but thereafter I don't know what happened to her. Anyway, here she as in RBA colours 'sometime in 1997...' still with a few minor details to complete, but almost there....

DSC_0644.jpg

Cheers guys, but the Fokker stays as she is! I'm having no one call me models dirty little Fokkers....

Anyway, a productive day with the A330-200 decalled up, the A340-600 receiving a bit more attention and the A319 almost finished (but then she is supposed to be my anti-stress build!) So without further ado, here are the progress shots:

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0647.jpg

Thanks to you all for looking and the kind comments, off to bed now and looking forward to another day's modelling tomorrow! :sleep_1:

Cheers guys, but the Fokker stays as she is! I'm having no one call me models dirty little Fokkers....

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I support busdriver's opinion!

Model planes stay on a table or on a board and have to look shiny ... they don't fly for real and they don't need to be dirty!

Model planes stay on a table or on a board and have to look shiny ... they don't fly for real and they don't need to be dirty!

mmmm.....not totally sure I agree there but it's a valid point

I do agree these are very impressive models tho :)

Hi all!

Nope, I have not given up and am in the final throes of beating the A340-600 into submission!! :deadhorse:

It might be a race to finish before midnight tonight, but I'll get it as close as I can to what I was hoping she'll turn out like. It was never going to be a masterpiece in super-detailing, more a lesson learned in using the big Bra.Z conversion set!! Anyway, all the engines are on, the undercarriage sets are all complete, almost models in themselves, and the whole thing has been decalled. So what's left? Well, here she is and you can see that there's still quite a bit to do!

DSC_0713.jpg

Now that's the last post until the finish line!!

Guys, first of all I want to thank you all for your kind words throughout this, my very first group build. It's ben challenging at times, juggling home life (thanks Zuzana for your patience!) my work life and Britmodeller life in trying to get the builds done in time. I always wanted an excuse (ok, a kick up the @rse!!) to start the A340-600 conversion and despite my kind words regarding the conversion, it did take a lot of work and a hell of a lot of time and disruption to the home, such as converting the lounge to a photographic studio for the past three weeks!

This build thread has been so much fun to do myself, as well as being able to 'feel the pain' of my fellow modellers when reading their threads. Overall I really feel that modelling this way, taking part in a group build, has actually pushed me a little further than I would normally go and in that respect I feel that the results are better because of it.

The whole ensemble of Airbusses are now over on the completed models section of the group build and over here in Spain it's just about 2200hrs, so I have done this with just two hours to go! Anyway it's now time to roll out the A340-600:

DSC_0722.jpg

To Rich and Antony and anyone else involved in getting this group build up and running, a big thank you! :cheers:

I'm now off to get cleaned up, have a glass of wine and spend some quality time with my girlfriend... :wub:

Edited by Busdriver

Cheers Chris, I can't believe I did it with two hours to spare! Off for a glass of something now, anything will do, but I need something!! :drink: