Tamiya 1/48 M26 Pershing plus extras

denstore

Tamiya 1/48 M-26 Pershing. Should be an easy build, but it happens so that I have a couple of frets of etch for it. And some resin parts as well...

The resin set is from Black Dog. I had heard that their quality was a bit shaky, but this set looks very good.

The etch is from Hauler. One set for the engine grills, and one general set.

And of course the almost obligatory turned barrel. Some polish manufacturer, I think, and it is a beauty!

Pictures will come before friday night.

And now to the rules. May I split the time even more, say like 4 blocks of 6 hours, as long as it's within the weekend? It would be convenient when you have a lot to paint and dry.

I was planning on testing the "salt" weathering technique on this build, and possibly "filters" as well, if there's time, but it depends a bit on what is decided about the disponision of the 24 hours over the weekend. The weathering will need at least a couple of hours drying time between each layer, so if it would be allowed to divide the time as effective as posssible, I would appreciate it.

Edited by denstore

Would say a tamiya plane as I'm a non-target builder, but I bet the Pershing is a neat kit so my vote is for that big, American hulk!

I'm guessing that as long as its done in 24hrs worth of work in the sapce of the weekend, it'd be ok. It is only for fun this build after all, but one of the mods will help out soon no doubt...

What about them?

Can we use the 24 hours as we wish, during the weekend? Or is the 12(sat)+12(sun) a set order? I´m asking, because I believe I can do the construction of the kit in 4-5 hours, but the painting will have to be made in at least 4 or 5 sessions, and it's usually good to have had the paint drying for at least 6-8 hours before weathering and decals goes on.

As it's for fun go for it, I'm not going to religiously going to enforce the rules.

OK. We´ll see. It will probably be a chaotic weekend, with too much coffee to keep the concentration, and too much red wine to calm down after the airbrushing sessions. Might end up in total disgrace.....:D

Edited by denstore

So, here's the pictures I promised. Fresh from the iPhone.

Sorry about the quality, but it doesn't get better.:(

I'll start tomorrow at around 10 or so, and have to take a break sometime in the afternoon. Have to get a haircut. Job interview monday morning....:)

img_0004.jpg

img_0005.jpg

img_0006.jpg

img_0007.jpg

img_0008.jpg

img_0009.jpg

Edited by denstore

Sorry to hear that........do you have any two part epoxy...? That's the ticket for fixing two dissimilar materials togeather....

Good luck with your re-start...!!

BlitzBCheers,

ggc

One hour of track building. Most fiddly 14 pieces i've encountered in years. And to know of this, and having to do the other side as well makes me feel an urge to pour another glass of wine....;)

img_0017.jpg

Edited by denstore

Enough for today. Managed to break a p-e part, and in the frustration that followed, drowned the desk in glue.

Probably somebody wants me to take a break until tomorrow.;)

Thanks for the comments today, and congratulations to all you blitzbuilders. Some good and interest work has been made by you during the day.

Enough for today. Managed to break a p-e part, and in the frustration that followed, drowned the desk in glue.

Probably somebody wants me to take a break until tomorrow.;)

Thanks for the comments today, and congratulations to all you blitzbuilders. Some good and interest work has been made by you during the day.

Come on, don't let a little problem get you down. Keep going, you know you can do it. :poke: