Classic Airframes Fiat CR.42

Thanks for the kind words chaps, glad you like the end result :)

Silver Fox: is the Italeri kit significantly better? Or are we still waiting for a decent kit of this nice-looking plane?

It certainly assembles more easily than the Classic kit and has things like the wing root intakes in place, The interior isn't as detailed but is sufficient to meet the needs of most modellers give the small size of the cockpit opening. The major parts match up nicely to the Alia d' italia plans and the old Aviation News plans. How accurate either of those are of course is a matter of conjecture. The orginal Classic issue has all the faults of the 1960's Revell 1/72nd scale kit, plus a few of it's own.

The CAI machines cannot be built out of the box as the two issues so far have either the long hedgehog exhaust used by the night flying versions or the filters used by the AS (North Africa) machines.

Hence my comment about the detail pieces, I used some of the interior and the under nose air intake to produce mine. Both my heavily modified 1st boxing and my Italeri modified machine were on display at Telford this year

I hope this is of some use.