Pegasus Hobbies E-Z Snapz Me262 1/48

Fifer54

I've just finished reading Mano Ziegler's book "Hitler's Jet Plane" about the Me262 and why it wasn't the war-winning

WunderWaffe Hitler expected, and it's a good read with anecdotes from pilots and operational histories of

Kommando Nowotny and III/JG7, and eyewitness testimony from such as Fritz Wendel (BFW test pilot) Adolf Galland,

and Kurt Welter.

I pulled this from my stash

005.jpg

and thought "What better than a snap-together for a Blitzbau?!"

So here are the sprues

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

It's a nice kit, well presented. The canopy is in its own bag and there's a noseweight provided too!

It also comes with decals for Heinz Baer's "Red 13", and a sheet of stickers for the same markings.

Heavy sprues and sturdy parts with a "satin" surface texture help to make an attractive boxfull of

plastic.

And that's what I'm doing next weekend!

Sorry 'bout the photos. I have 2 digital cameras. One has no macro mode, so I can't take model photos with it.

The other has a macro mode, but I seem to be unable to get a decent steady in-focus picture with it! SWMBO's camera

is still with our daughter-in-law who borowed it for a holiday! Now I can get usable pics with that(still not great, though!)

My SLR is a 35mm Zenith which gives me great prints, but I can't post those, my scanner hasn't got Windows 7 drivers!

Edited in an attempt to improve the photos.

:coat:

Edited by MadNurseGaz

Good pick, it will be a "snap" ... :analintruder: to get it done in the time alloted...!!

GB Cheers,

ggc

Ere Miss he's cheating it's a smap together ;)

A what now? :hmmm:

Gaz... is your kit possessed by demons or summit, and won't keep still, or is the wobbliness at your end of the camera? :wacko:

A what now? :hmmm:

Gaz... is your kit possessed by demons or summit, and won't keep still, or is the wobbliness at your end of the camera? :wacko:

Err,....sorry, sir! I've tried to fix it. I think my camera's not up to it....... Story of my life, really......always struggling

with inadequate equipment.

:coat:

I've just finished reading Mano Ziegler's book "Hitler's Jet Plane" about the Me262 and why it wasn't the war-winning

WunderWaffe Hitler expected

He had only to blame himself by ordering it to be build as a bomber first.

He had only to blame himself by ordering it to be build as a bomber first.

Absolutely. I believe that he considered a bomber to be an aircraft for offense,

whereas a fighter is a defensive aeroplane. Hitler's mindset was to attack, not to

defend. When the Reich needed fighters to break Allied air superiority (OK, air

supremacy) over the Reich, he was more concerned with dropping bombs on the

enemy to show how powerful Germany was. I hadn't realised about the bomber

version's CoG problems which were never really resolved.

I really like that mad nurse :D :D :D :D

a "Schnell-Jäger" (Fast Hunter) ... that's funny :D

Good luck with this, MadNurseGaz! :thumbsup2:

Edited by Micha

making an early start with this, cos Irealised tonight that the only RLM02 paint I have is enamel, so all the RLM grey

parts will need several hours to dry, so that's the first job!

Here is my starter pic:

001-1.jpg

See you all in the morning!

Crawled off to bed at about 0200, couldn't be bothered taking a pic, so here's where I'm up to

when I came back this morning.

DSCF0040.jpg

These snap-togethers really are "shake'n'bake". While the enamels were drying I made a start

on the assembly.No time for a primer coat, so on with the paint!

Disaster!! :poo:

My impatience has got the better of me :dunce: , and I've ruined my model, to the extent

that I must regrettably :crying: withdraw it from the Blitzbau. It's not a lost cause, but

I won't be able to repair the finish AND complete the model within 24hours.

I just got too eager and applied a second coat of RLM78 Hellblau before the first was

ready. You can imagine the lumpy, horrible result. :badmood:

If I can find another suitable kit in my stash quickly enough, I'll be back in this GB.

If not, I'm out!

:shithappens:

Disaster!! :poo:

My impatience has got the better of me :dunce: , and I've ruined my model, to the extent

that I must regrettably :crying: withdraw it from the Blitzbau. It's not a lost cause, but

I won't be able to repair the finish AND complete the model within 24hours.

I just got too eager and applied a second coat of RLM78 Hellblau before the first was

ready. You can imagine the lumpy, horrible result. :badmood:

If I can find another suitable kit in my stash quickly enough, I'll be back in this GB.

If not, I'm out!

:shithappens:

ARGH!!!

NO!!!

hey ... the shops are still open (at least here in the malls)! Just buy such a small 1:144 stuff of Revell (Tornado, Phantom etc.) and start again! Those kits can be build pretty fast!

GOOD LUCK!!!

with regard to your quote under the piccy of your daughter, i have it on reliable information that you are not a fledgling biker and you had a fantic chopper 50cc far far far back in the 70's!!!! so not only are you cheating with a snap kit, you are coning us about your new found skills of road terror!

:tease:

with regard to your quote under the piccy of your daughter, i have it on reliable information that you are not a fledgling biker and you had a fantic chopper 50cc far far far back in the 70's!!!! so not only are you cheating with a snap kit, you are coning us about your new found skills of road terror!

:tease:

But...but....but.... that was a moped, not a motorbike (My mum didn't believe it was a moped when I first brought it home).

For those who don't know what we're talking about, here's one I prepared earlier!

fantic6.jpg

Image borrowed from www.fanticchopper.org.uk

An awesome machine that ran rings round the local FS1-Es!

LOL!!!!

yeah, looking back, it's a real LOL!

But the bike's spec sheet reads like a who's who of the Italian motorcycle industry

Engine by Minarelli- 50cc, 6.5bhp, 6 gears.

Marzocchi forks, Borrani alloy wheels, it was genuinely a quality product, 50mph (speedo)

flat out- That 6.5 bhp makes a specific power output of 130bhp/litre which was near the output

of a Formula 1 car of that time!

And I was definitely the coolest funky mopedallist in Barnsley!

i just happened to be reading your post when avril came looking over my shoulder so i couldnt resist after she told me! id like to see you riding one of them now!!!

I'll tell you, Mark, if I could have one of those today, I'd gladly ride it! Loads of fun.