Dust Models

Damocles

I used a standard scalpel blade, safety glasses and gloves highly recommended, broke two blades in the process.

There is a tool for carving out leather you can get, like a scalpel blade but bent into a 'U' shape.

Knowing when to stop is the hard part, think I went a little OTT, especially as once it's sprayed, I'll have to paint all the cuttings to be fresh steel or rust.

Chris.

PRE11-1.jpg

Primed

PRE13.jpg

next three, are the partial 1st coat of LifeColour UA 204 Dunkelgelb. Havn't airbrushed in quite some time, and it was beginning to go bad, so I kocked it on the head. Will complete base colour and camo tomorrow.

PRE15.jpg

PRE14.jpg

PRE12.jpg

Start of base (not quite sure, where I am heading with this !.

Chris.

great progress i would definately say your heading in the right direction love the base i can see why there so expensive the detail is fabulous on them they look as good if not better than the forgeworld stuff which is vastly more expensive

Russ

Edited by RussTnailZ

A little more progress, having difficulty with airbrush doing the camo scheme, paint splattering at edges (pressure / mix / bent needle ???), so am not going to rush just yet.

pre16.jpg

completed base colour from side

pre17x.jpg

completed base colour from above

Chris.

Camo applied, a bit ropy at the edges, but as I have not used an airbrush in over 10 years, I am well happy with the finish and with the amount of weathering to be applied, I can cover my mistakes/errors.

Appologies for the first three pictures, camera does not do well in natural light !.

PRE21.jpg

PRE22.jpg

PRE23.jpg

PRE24.jpg

PRE25.jpg

PRE26.jpg

PRE27.jpg

Chris.

Think I will Chris, there is nicely molded female driver with impressive proportions, clearly dressed for a summer campaign, supplied with the kit.

It looks like she is desiged to be posed standing in the cab, but as i decided not to get distracted with trying to detail the cabin, the hatch is well glued down.

I little filler, and here pose can easily be changed. I have scrapped my original diorama idea, so a bit of thought needed as to where she will be positioned.

I'll put up a picture tonight of the lady in question.

The Lady herself (as yet unnamed, suggestions welcome)

Lady.jpg

Chris.

Edited by Chris Babes

Hi Chris

Apparently that is Sigrid von Thaler... (just had a look on www.dustgame.com) and she's in that typical heroic pose: stood leaning forward on a raised bit (rock, tree stump, tank cupola, etc.) surveying the landscape for the enemy or where to go next. She's also pointing at something out of sight. Agreed, she's nicely mouded but I'm not sure whether she'd be my choice for a figure.

Not sure I'd agree with summer campaign though, the sheep-skin looking collar might be a tad warm!

Depending on if you want to stick with the Dust timeline you could use any late war German figures.

I liked the urban ruin you were working on, the walker hidden in the shadows waiting for its next prey.

I guess an alternative could be the walker stood just beside the brow of a hill with the lady perching on a rocky outcrop.

Or maybe a re-fuelling and/or re-arming stop? I used the Tamiya German set on a M18 Hellcat a few years back:

IPMS Farnborough

Don't know how or where you'd rearm a Jagdluther though...

Looking forward to the rest of the build

Chris

Sigrid von Thaler is then, hopefully she is bi-lingual, my German is very poor.

Not sure I'd agree with summer campaign though, the sheep-skin looking collar might be a tad warm!

Its hidden in the picture, but there is quite a plunging neck-line hidden by the sheep-skin collar !, hence my assumption that its not too cold where ever she is !.

Think, I will go back to the original 'hiding in a corner' diorama, my first attempt was just a little too 'busy' at ground level, have removed the plaster casts and will reset with a less going on.

Chris.

A little more progress, nearly there. You will notice some blotchy brown areas, I still have to work on these, but hopefully these will be areas of 'rust'. A few more details, and the rust and that will be it.

DM055.jpg

DM057.jpg

DM059.jpg

DM060.jpg

DM061.jpg

also got a real helpful chap from the office, to run me up some 'JAGDLUTHER' text, for the base.

DM052.jpg

Chris.

Edited by Chris Babes

Rust applied, just to rubb some of the rust down a little further, add the ammo drums, a 'placard' and 'SS' decal from Archer Dry Decals range (only ordered today, so will be a while), a few 'running' rust marks, and then I think it is time to quit, whilst I am ahead.

DM064.jpg

DM066.jpg

DM067.jpg

DM068.jpg

DM069.jpg

DM070.jpg

Chris.

Yea, radiation from that alien technology power plant finally got to her, but she's quite sucessful in her new career, selling tray bakes !.

Hedgehog in pictures 3 and 4 looks like he could do with a bit of a refurb, think I'll have to pay a little more attention to the background in future.

Chris.

Thanks folks for the comments, really apprecieated.

Hopefully this is the start of a renewed and sustained interest in the hobby.

Without doubt, the help and encouragement of Britmodeller members has kept the pressure up to keep stand, and improve upon the very basic skills I have.

Base is nearly finished, so once done I'll get some decent pictures taken and put up on the ready for inspection bit.

Cheers, Chris.