Dust Models

Damocles

Has anyone out there made any of Paolo Parente's Dust Models.

If so, what is your opinion ?.

Chris.

Hi Chris I've not had the pleasure of building a Dust model but i know a modeller that have and all reports are good. He had it at the Crewe show about 2 years ago and it looked great. If your looking for more specific info on a particuler kit then try the NKGC forum, there holding a Dust contest or ask at SFMUK for english replies to your questions NKGC is italian but theres a few English speakers on there. Not sure if putting links here are ok so will have to let your Google Fu get you there.

Or 'just remembererd this' follow Dust models on Facebook there's 590 odd people that are fans so hit them up with a question or 2 :)

Hope this is of help.

Rich

HLJ have a few Dust items on Sale if you wanted to have a look and compare prices. 

And there's always the new boxed game from fantasy flight games. It's a smaller scale than the main models but you get 4 nice mechs and some crunchies to play with. Trying to find the link to close up pics but i've seen but no luck yet sorry.

Rich

Not knowing what this was curiosity got the better of me and it looks rather good fancy having a go at some of the kits myself especially the dorzer mech

1251364983.jpg

found the website for it here you guys have probably seen this but for anyone else that hasnt

http://www.dustgame.com/

Russ

Edited by RussTnailZ

Gents,

This excellent stuff, especially the AVF Shop link, and it will work out alot cheaper getting it from the UK.

Providing the tax man has not sent me a £1,500.00 tax bill in the post, when I get home I think an order will me made tonight.

Chris.

Well I ordered a 'Jagdluther' from AFV Shop.

Service was to say the least exceptional, I ordered it yesterday at 14:28, received email at 16:16 that it had been dispatched, and it arrived with me at 12 noon today !.

Product boxed up very well, moulding excellent and well cleaned up, all set into moulded plastic tray. Here are some pictures.

DM02.jpg

DM03.jpg

DM05.jpg

DM06.jpg

Going to put everything to one side and really get moving on this one.

As this is a bit of a sci-fi topic, I'm going to go my own way on this, with some spare PE parts for detail and maybe some lighting.

Chris.

That looks great what are the cannon barrels like ? as i couldnt see them in the box shot

Russ

Two big aluminium (about 8 inches), with resin muzzle breaks (made of 2 halfs).

Childrens taxi service today, do will put some pics up tonight.

Chris.

Two big aluminium (about 8 inches), with resin muzzle breaks (made of 2 halfs).

Childrens taxi service today, do will put some pics up tonight.

Chris.

great stuff will have a look later

Russ

I'm just going to continue with this post into the build stage instead of creating a new work in progress post.

Progress has not been as swift as planned, but I got all the major components put togeher, filled and sanded down.

So to start, I went for the left leg. Adding some battle damage to the knee plate and foot, I replaced the resin hydraulic hoses with springs and added a few spare PE parts and brass wire for fictitious detail.

Just to highlight the 'battle damage' better in the pictures, a gave the effected areas with was of 'Mig Dark Wash'. Photo's below.

leg01.jpg

leg02.jpg

leg03.jpg

leg04.jpg

leg05.jpg

leg06.jpg

leg07.jpg

Chris.

A quick update of progress so far.

Legs are complete and primed with Halfords finest, and all placed in a rough layout for the base (main body will sit higher when finally glues in place).

Body01.jpg

Body02.jpg

Body03.jpg

Body05.jpg

A few more resin parts and PE to be added.

Chris.

Thanks for the comments, it is looking like this will be my first completed model is quite a long time !.

Here are some more pictures before I primed it, all detailing finished, some more PE and brass tubing (a little artistic licence here, but given the subject matter, I think I can get away with it).

PRE1.jpg

PRE2.jpg

PRE3.jpg

PRE4.jpg

PRE5.jpg

PRE6.jpg

PRE7.jpg

PRE8.jpg

PRE9.jpg

PRE10.jpg

Chris.