Blood Red Hunter in 1/32

Hi All, I've been beavering away on this one. Thanks to Danny Coremans, whose decal sheets were invaluable.

diables_rouges1.jpg

diables_rouges4.jpg

diables_rouges5.jpg

This one's for you, Erwin! Next up is Blue Diamonds, then Black arrows, and the Rough Diamonds, if I can find another F.6 on this side of the pond.

Thanks for looking!

Cool, looks very nice in the red! Excellent job!

Next up is Blue Diamonds, then Black arrows, and the Rough Diamonds, if I can find another F.6 on this side of the pond.

Where are you sourcing the Blue Diamonds markings?

I've got a spare F.6 in the stash I wanted to do in those colours, already have one in the Black Arrows scheme but I've not found anyone producing markings for the Blue Diamonds scheme. I did think about trying to re-work the kits 92 Sqn markings and then masking and painting the white accents but a nice set of decals would be so much easier!

Yes, I'm lazy... So shoot me!

Cool, looks very nice in the red! Excellent job!

Where are you sourcing the Blue Diamonds markings?

I've got a spare F.6 in the stash I wanted to do in those colours, already have one in the Black Arrows scheme but I've not found anyone producing markings for the Blue Diamonds scheme. I did think about trying to re-work the kits 92 Sqn markings and then masking and painting the white accents but a nice set of decals would be so much easier!

Yes, I'm lazy... So shoot me!

Thats three of us that need some decals then............

A fantastic Job there Tony...really nice!

Edited by Bill Clark

Hi Bill,

I was going to cobble together Blue Diamonds markings using the kit decals and some white decal sheet. I also have backup Black Arrows decals as well.

BTW, DO you know of a humbrol mix for BS 381C Aircraft blue?

TW

Edited by Tony Whittingham

Hi Bill,

I was going to cobble together Blue Diamonds markings using the kit decals and some white decal sheet. I also have backup Black Arrows decals as well.

BTW, DO you know of a humbrol mix for BS 381C Aircraft blue?

TW

I used a car spray from Halfords on my 1/48th F6. Not sure of its available in your neck of the woods!!! This matches very closely with Xtracolors '"Roundel blue" (which it shouldn't - not really!). Both colours were similar, but photo's show that the main colour was brighter.

I cobbled the 92 Sqn markings - in much the same way!! I'll post a photo late of 92 sqn markings - theres a nose section suitably painted at Manston Air Museum

6c8b5813.jpg

Tony - that Hunter looks great! Going to pop that one in the shop display at Aviation World???

Keep up the good work - Always nice to see your stuff in person.

Cheers,

Hi Mike,

It's already there, replaced the Victor!

I used a car spray from Halfords on my 1/48th F6. Not sure of its available in your neck of the woods!!! This matches very closely with Xtracolors '"Roundel blue" (which it shouldn't - not really!). Both colours were similar, but photo's show that the main colour was brighter.

I cobbled the 92 Sqn markings - in much the same way!! I'll post a photo late of 92 sqn markings - theres a nose section suitably painted at Manston Air Museum

6c8b5813.jpg

Thanks Bill,

Unfortunately no Halfords in Canada. Looks as if I should use Oxford blue with a touch of white. Your "Blue Diamond" looks great!

Thanks Bill,

Unfortunately no Halfords in Canada. Looks as if I should use Oxford blue with a touch of white. Your "Blue Diamond" looks great!

I didn't think there would be!! Are there any equivalents though in Canada? The paint I used was Fiat "Capri Blue" - I think? (Thats Capri as in the place rather than the car which was built by Ford - before someone chimes in!!!!).

I also built one in 1/72nd and did use Xtracolor's Roundel blue..and they looked very similar. Humbrol do a Matt blue - which is very matt and looks greyish - but it may look okay when glossed up. I've seen models of 92 Sqns Blue Phantom - and they used I think Tamiya's "Royal Blue" thayt may be okay...

Thanks Bill,

I think the Gunze line of paints has one labelled BS110c, might be incorrect, I'm going from memory, they call it 'Character Blue' as I recall, Ted Taylor and I had a discussion some years back on a now defunct forum about the best colour for the Hasegawa 19/92 Sqn special-scheme re-issue of thier Phantom FGR.2.

I'm not entirely sure if the Blue Diamonds were painted that colour, but if you're hunting around for a likely match it might be worth checking it out.

Bill: Thanks, those are nice, I might set at it with Adobe Illustrator later ;-)