Spitfire, with the base coat of Xtracrylix XA1002 Dark Earth.

s11.jpg

And with paper masks which are stuck on with Copydex, ready for a coat of Xtracrylix XA1001 Dark Green.

s12.jpg

And with the undersurfaces painted using Xtracrylix XA1007 Sky

s13.jpg

Bf109, with basic painting complete. All paints by Lifecolor: UA502 RLM 71, UA503 RLM 65 and UA504 RLM 02.

m11.jpg

I have to do some minor touch ups, notably on the canopy framework and the tail of the 109, then I can start mottling. Hopefully I'll be in a position to decal them next weekend.

Catching up on some threads as I have been out of the loop for a while.

This is a cracking looking double build Enzio and I am really looking forward to the next update.

Well done sir. :clap:

Deacon

Just a minor update. The 109 with the mottle applied and a wash of Promodeller Dark Wash.

In the photo I posted at the beginning of this thread, it looks as though the aircraft has a very heavy overspray of 71 behind the number, possibly where the aircraft had been renumbered. There is little mottling around the fuselage Balkenkreuz. I have attempted to replicate both aspects of the camouflage. It's surprising how much the mottling darkens the scheme, which I suppose was the whole idea.

m12.jpg

Next step - gloss varnish and decals :yahoo:

Another quick update to let you all know how much fun I'm having!

j06.jpg

Okay, there's an inteloper in there. :D They look like toys at the moment, but that's because of the high gloss Klear finish. I'll deal with that later.

The Southern Expo decals are a joy to use.

• 1 month later...
Enzo you made a better job of your spit than I did of mine. Well done :clap:

Very kind of you to say so, Mish. But I would say "horses for courses". Mine is a very static representation of the aircraft. Yours is pure action!

Besides, I reckon we had equal amounts of fun building them, which is the whole point of the hobby! :D

• 5 months later...

As the great nephew of Ron Berry I would like to thank you for your skills in capturing the spirit of the spitfire. I hope this year to go and see one of the Spitfires he flew, that now resides in the Malta Air Museum, Regards Martin Long :clap2:

As the great nephew of Ron Berry I would like to thank you for your skills in capturing the spirit of the spitfire.

Thank you Martin. That means a lot.

I hope this year to go and see one of the Spitfires he flew, that now resides in the Malta Air Museum, Regards Martin Long :clap2:

Ooh! Tell me more! It would be good to build another of his Spitfires and display them together. In fact, that would be a suitable build for the forthcoming Malta GB.