TV/Movie Group Build

Hi Neil. I think the Group Build will run for 3 months, but I'm not sure! :blush:

Scratchbuilt models are accepted; in fact, we welcome anything, as long as it has the TV/Movie connection. The VAL sounds like a great idea - what scale would it be?

Obi-Jiff :fish:

The VAL would be 1/24th scale to match the minis. I hope to be able to fit the minis into the back of the bus but i will have to see how the build progresses.

If it only runs for 3 months then I am unlikely to get it finished in time (I do build quite slow and a lot of the bus will cause some problems, especially the curved windows!!

I think I may be better off trying to do either of the three fast cars or the Dino.

thanks

Neil

Edited by neilc69

2012 is a ways off so I would not like to commit at this time. I bet half the eligible kits in my stash would have been sold off (as has happened with other GBs lately that I have committed to) before it starts or built before hand. I have an old Testors F-14 in Top Gun movies markings that is ideal but I am afraid it may dissapear from the stash way before this GB starts.

Can someone set a me a wakeup call a month before the start so I can see if I have anything suitable? :D

Hi all,

I found this whilst cleaning up the attick. God knows how long it's been up there. I don't even remember ever buying this.

It has no instructionsheet.Does anyone know where I could get a copy ?

car.jpg

On the back it says:"A 1904 Darracg played the "Star" part in the British comedy film "Genevieve".

So I did a Google and found this info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genevieve_(film)

http://www.donbrockway.com/genevieve.htm

Edited by Erwin

It has no instructionsheet.Does anyone know where I could get a copy ?

Hi Erwin,

Have you tried The Airfix Tribute Forum? They have quite a few Airfix instruction sheets for reference, although you may have to join to view them, I'm not sure.

Obi-Jiff :fish:

• 1 month later...
When is this group build likely to start?

I have a couple of kits lined up, the "A Team" van and the "Fall Guy" truck.

the fall guy sounds good.

i have the A team van(almost lol). i got the origonal issue one a few years back from US ebay. it came complete part from the body shell...........

oh ... I loved the fall guy when i was 12 or 13 years young ... have seen it on forbidden western tv channel ZDF (received from West-Berlin) over here in former East Germany =)

I'd like to see it!

oh ... I loved the fall guy when i was 12 or 13 years young ... have seen it on forbidden western tv channel ZDF (received from West-Berlin) over here in former East Germany =)

I'd like to see it!

i was thinking of you when he said that fall out truck, cos your a east german so i know would not have been on tv.....

Looks like it will have to be the Fall Guy truck then!!

The truck in the TV programs is a long wheelbase type, but the kit one is a short wheelbase so it will have to be lengthened.

Is this OK to do on a group build?

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like it will have to be the Fall Guy truck then!!

The truck in the TV programs is a long wheelbase type, but the kit one is a short wheelbase so it will have to be lengthened.

Is this OK to do on a group build?

That shouldn't be a problem.

A Fall Guy truck sounds cool. Who did the truck and is it currently available?

I have a couple of models gathering dust I could do for this build.

I have an A Team Van and the Knight Rider Car. I'd love to build KITT with the light at the front working but would need to figure out how to do it.

Another cool project would be Airwolf but would need to get the kit.

I also have a Diorama Idea using the Ambulance from the Airfix RAF Emergency set to represent the Ambulance in Ice cold in Alex. I could have them getting it up the hill by turning the starting handle.

When is this Group build due to take place?

I also have a couple of Tunderbirds and Star Wars Kits but they would easily fit in with the Sci fi group build as well

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
Cool idea. Will you also do an Our Lady Air plane?

hehe :D

but no ... I like Flylo more than Our Lady Air ;)

And I like Taaj ... he looks very British, doesn't he? :D

btw ... does anyone still have the RyanAir decals of Revell's 144th scale RyanAir-737? I'd like to buy or trade the original decals sheet but a scan in 200dpi would be ok. If so then please take a look at the decals trade section of this forum ... I opened a thread there.

• 2 weeks later...

If I still have it by next year, a Ju-52 in the scheme of D-2600, from the movie Valkyrie,

Any one who goes and looks her up just now or knows the aircraft I am discussing will know that it wears swastika's on the tail, for the purpose of this build and so I dont offend or upset any body I am willing to photoshop the pictures of her with decals before posting it so only a white dot on a red background is only seen.

Edited by RAF Colonel

If I still have it by next year, a Ju-52 in the scheme of D-2600, from the movie Valkyrie,

Any one who goes and looks her up just now or knows the aircraft I am discussing will know that it wears swastika's on the tail, for the purpose of this build and so I dont offend or upset any body I am willing to photoshop the pictures of her with decals before posting it so only a white dot on a red background is only seen.

why the hell would offend anyone?

This is the internet Jules, its almost more unpredictable than the weather...

Personally I am perfectly happy to let the world see her in her full markings, however I thought it was better to edge on the side of caution, if the majority and the hosts are happy to let her be seen in full markings then she will be...

Edited by RAF Colonel

This is the internet Jules, its almost more unpredictable than the weather...

Personally I am perfectly happy to let the world see her in her full markings, however I thought it was better to edge on the side of caution, if the majority and the hosts are happy to let her be seen in full markings then she will be...

ah ok, i know a german modeller who shows me his work with swastikas etc, yet hes not supposed too.

Valid entries are:

Vehicles of any type

Dioramas

Figurines

Your chosen TV or Movie build must be internationally known so its easy to compare.

Resource for movie aircraft - http://www.impdb.org/index.php?title=The_I..._Plane_Database

Resource for movie helos - http://www.rotaryaction.com/index.html

Russ

Hmmm.....not for another year......I'm too impatient....BUT!!!.....

assuming I remember...

I could be convinced to have a go with -

1/72 Hasagawa Tomcat from the movie "The Final Countdown"#

1/144 Boeing 707 from the movie "airport"

a question - since the valid entries above doesnt include a model on it's own, do they have to be in a dio setting?