TV/Movie Group Build

Thanks Obi, I think this list is a summary of everyone who has shown an interest so far in joining in and what I think was the last thing they were talking about building. Maybe we can try and fine tune the list and see if we can add to it.

1.RussTnailZ (Helicopter)

2.Bomber harris

3.Obi-Jiff Kenobi

4.Enzo Matrix (ME109 or Tallmantz P1)

5.Mad Monk

6.Micha (Flylo 737)

7.Brian The modeller

8.Malta Defender (Spitfire)

9.John T

10.Mad nurse Gaz

11.Mr Cool Jules

12.Green Dragon

13.Devilfish (A10)

14.Basosz (Cobra 427)

15.Wkennerley. (trans am or/and mil mi1)

16.Erwin (Genevieve)

17.Happy Martian

18.CPNGROATS (The Jetsons)

19.Rishi (A Car from Gone in 60 Seconds)

20.Mark Marples (Sci Fi / Starscream Raptor)

21.Mish (Star Trek?)

22.Marty Hopkirk (Moonbus from 2001)

23.Giorgio N (Gnat ?)

24.T-Tango (Red Baron or Blue Max)

25.Graham 77 (Cobra 427 and XJ220)

26.Robw UK (Cars)

27.IoanRam (The Saints XJS)

28.CliffB (The Spirit of St Louis)

29.Neilc69 (Fall Guy Truck)

30.Trojan Thunder (Moebius Seaview or Top Gun F14)

31.F32 (KITT)

32.FZ6

33.Mike N (The Invaders/Flight of the phoenix)

34.RAF Colonel (Taxi)

35.Kev1n (Tomcat or 707)

36.Chrisrope (Dukes of Hazard/ 58 plymouth)

37.Jasonb13 (anigrand mig 31 Firefox)

38.Kallisti (Halcyon Dropship)

39. Geebee Z (Daft Movie...getting out of the boxes)

40. TheYankeeModeller (Catch 22)

41. Smiffy (Something Sci Fi with lights)

Is this correct? Or do people have other ideas now. I know a lot of us are involved in a few builds at the mo but if you can spare a minute or two to let us know if you are still doing this one that would be great.

Back to the TV

Graham

Edited by Graham77

I'm still in, but as I'm also signed up for several other GB's I might just make this a quickie with a 1:43 Shelby Cobra done as some TV/movie Cobra. I'm absolutely positive that this car has made an appearance on either the silver screen or the telly so shouldn't be that hard :P

I'm still in and looking forward to it! I'm now wondering how I can make the Halcyon Aliens Dropship as complicated as the Babylon 5 Starfury... maybe motorise the missile pods... omg what am I thinking!!

BasosZ, the cobra has made a couple of appearances I know of ,Iron Man, Gone in 60 Seconds and Bad Boys as well as in a showroom in Suits if you fancy doing a silver one instead of blue and white stripes.

RAF Col, thanks for the offer of help we will no doubt call upon you once the build gets up and running and looking forward to the Taxi and the Dambuster

Kallista, having seen what you did with the Thunderbird, in the emerg services GB, I am looking forward to the Halcyon Dropship and am off to have a look at your Babylon 5 Starfury to see what you have to live up to.

Cheers

Graham

Edited by Graham77

As Graham said, thanks for the offer, Colonel sir. Your assistance will be gratefully received.

As for me, I'm planning to do something Star Wars, but I don't know what. Depends if I can find my AMT AT-AT, which is currently hiding in my mum's loft.

Hi mate,put me down,this will get me in the swing for another group build.I need the incentive,as have just moved and am sick of living out of boxes.

It will be from one of my favourite daft films.

Thought I might take the plunge on this GB!

Maybe it's too much glue and paint fumes lately but I'm thinking of using this...

Kits063.jpg

To make this..

bluethunderHelicopter.jpg

(Courtesy of Rotaryaction.com - no claim on copyright intended)

I know, I know. Must be off my head, especially in 1/72 (and since there are 1/48 and 1/32 kits already available). I just can't spend €40 on a new kit right now hence the conversion attempt.

Wish me luck..

Dermot

Edited by Dermo245

Thought I might take the plunge on this GB!

Maybe it's too much glue and paint fumes lately but I'm thinking of using this...

Kits063.jpg

To make this..

I know, I know. Must be off my head, especially in 1/72 (and since there are 1/48 and 1/32 kits already available). I just can't spend €40 on a new kit right now hence the conversion attempt.

Wish me luck..

Dermot

What a good choice of subject and what a good use for the gazelle kit, will be watching that with much interest if you do go for it. There are some rc blue thunders so it should be reasonably straight forward to get some drawings and refs for, then it just leaves the building

Good luck

Graham

Edited by Graham77

I fancy joining in with this GB.

I've just recieved a couple of these last week and I'm actually quite keen to get stuck in on one straight away. I've already got some lighting stuff on the way.

mob00926.jpg

However, I keep pulling this out of the stash to have a gawp at.

135422-11104.jpg

It'll require a lot of work, drilling out the solid cages and scratchbuilding the detail areas behind and just generally bringing the old gal up to date.

Sounds like fun. :)

I'll decide nearer the time. :hmmm:

Wish me luck..

I was thinking of joing the GB with my Monogram Blue Thunder actually.

In 72nd, that must be tiny. I wish you good luck. ;)

If you need any ref pics, let me know as I've a few saved on the old 'puter.

I fancy joining in with this GB.

I've just recieved a couple of these last week and I'm actually quite keen to get stuck in on one straight away. I've already got some lighting stuff on the way.

mob00926.jpg

However, I keep pulling this out of the stash to have a gawp at.

135422-11104.jpg

It'll require a lot of work, drilling out the solid cages and scratchbuilding the detail areas behind and just generally bringing the old gal up to date.

Sounds like fun. :)

I'll decide nearer the time. :hmmm:

I was thinking of joing the GB with my Monogram Blue Thunder actually.

In 72nd, that must be tiny. I wish you good luck. ;)

If you need any ref pics, let me know as I've a few saved on the old 'puter.

Cheers Smiffy and would appreciate any ref pics you have - PM on the way.

My vote would be for the Eagle....a true classic TV model!

All the best,

Dermot

Agree, go with the Eagle :) I remember cutting out all the plastic from the Airfix one back in the 70s - was very pleased with the result it must be said - even built an interior for the module but you couldn't see i through the windows :(