1/48 Turbo Mentor

Hi All, Here is the latest completed model, a 1/48 T-34C Turbo Mentor from the Czech Model kit. Went together pretty well although some filler was required particularly on the fuselage joins. The talplanes need careful alignment or the elevator hinge lines will not be parallel, so who had to fill and rescribe! Two vacform canopies are supplied but the first attempt to cut one out proved successful and only needed a small piece of plasticard added to the rear to form the saddle over the fuselage. It has been painted entirely in Revell Aqua with a home brew for the International Orange. I was sure the decals would give problems as they are very thin but proved to be excellent with the white totally opaque over the orange. In all a most enjoyable build and I bought the kit for a bargain price! MODeller

2010_08280008.jpg

2010_08280001.jpg

2010_08280003.jpg

2010_08280010.jpg

2010_08280009.jpg

2010_08280012.jpg

That's lovely! Great finish all over, but I really like the exhausts! How did you do them?

Keef

Hi Keef, The exhausts were simply brush painted, grey undercoat followed by Revell Aqua Gold 94 which seemed to have too much varnish in it as it went on very streaky. I was going to apply a second coat but once the first was dry I liked the effect so left it at that! I then brushed some Anthracite on the insides, job done. MODeller

Very tasty Brian.

That's a resin kit, right?

Did you need to flat the tyres or are they moulded that way?

cheers

Rick

Hi Rick, The kit is injection moulded with a resin cockpit tub and resin (flattened ) wheels, resin exhausts and vacformed canopy. I managed to buy this secondhand for a tenner rather than the full £30 price which made it even sweeter! MODeller