Pak 44 - 12.8cm Anti-Tank Gun (1:35)

Mike

A general coat of Lifecolor Dunkelgelb was applied last night, and touched up today, as I always find I've missed something that I don't spot on the day. This is going to be faded with a lightened highlighting coat, after which I'll decide whether to put some stripey camo on it or not. The wheels need a brush coat of Vallejo Dark Rubber yet, as they're just oversprayed with Dunkelgelb at the moment. As yet, the shield, double bogey and gun barrel haven't been glued, as I've got a bit of detail painting to do which would be a lot harder with them installed.

chassis5.jpg

Cheers guys... got the fading coats on now, and chipped up the insides of the shroud. I've got one attached, and will be attaching the other shortly :)

Nice.... NICE ;)

Cheers Brudda ;)

Updated pic:

chassis6.jpg

Wheels blocked in with Vallejo dark rubber - you can probably just make out the distressed look that I gave the rubber tyres with some files and a scalpel blade. I'm just toying with the idea of adding a filter coat to the Dunkelgelb... time to test out a patch on the underside, methinks :)

My, what a big gun you have there, Mike. :innocent:

All the better for shooting you with, David :wicked:

I put a coat of filter on last night, and although it changed the hue subtly, it's not worth photographing :)

I've put the initial draft of the camo on today, which just needs a few touch-ups to remove overspray here & there... what do you think? :hmmm:

chassis7.jpg

I've converted my 2nd Infinity to a 0.2mm needle so it gets used more, so I can have 2 brushes filled with camo and background colors to speed up the process... it's also shown up a dirth of spares in the 0.15 and 0.2mm area :frantic:

All paints Lifecolor except the dark rubber, which is Vallejo :)

Looking good Mike anbd that Vallejo rubber is spot on too, must get some

Cheers chap... when you do, get Light Rubber to go with it, as it's great for highlighting :) They're both from the Panzer Aces line btw ;)

yes it works very well against that blue backdrop :P:D

Trust you to spot it! :doh:

That thar stripey looks reet good our Mikey.

Thanks Pete... it's not perfect, as my airbrush was a little clogged up (I found out later) during the 2nd phase. It's definitely a 2ft camo job ;)

I've put another layer of filter on it since I posted - Mig Tan for tri-tonal camo. It's added a bit of a brownish tinge and seems to have lifted the saturation of the camo stripes a bit. Next job is the chipping after I've added the pioneer tools to the cheeks of the gun shield. :)

A bit more progress.

I've painted up, weathered and attached the pioneer tools, tidied up the overspray here & there, and applied the filter, as mentioned in my previous post. I've also glued the wheels to their hubs, so the next job will be the long, laborious process of paint chipping. Out comes the Lifecolor Panzergrau, W&N 000 Series 7 brush, and my finest magnifying visor... what a :nerd: I must look! :lol::blush:

chassis8.jpg