Hawker Hunter F6 4FTS

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post some (poor!) pics of my latest finished build. It's the Revell 1/72nd Hunter F6 built almost oob, just the addition of some old etched harness, a rear view mirror from plasticard & the replacement of the nav. lights with clear sprue. Paints were Tamiya XF2 white, xtracrylix Light Aircraft Grey & Games Workshop blood red. I used Winsor & Newton Galeria matt varnish for the second time on this model. I didn't like it the first time & liked it even less this time! I know some people get a great finish with it, but it just doesn't work for me, so it's back to trying to get Humbrols new formula mattcote to actually dry matt!

Anyway, here's the pics, sorry for the quality, but it was one of those really sunny days we had a while back (remember them?!) & I forget to change the ISO of the camera back from ISO800 which I'd last used it on!! So they are a bit noisy...

004-3.jpg

011-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

024-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

All the best

Keef

Very nice in white and red.

Shouldn't she be a little glossier?

Patrick

Maybe when first painted, but after a few months of the intensive use they got, they got very matt (& fairly shabby!) - I saw a lot of 4 FTS machines up close & personal when flying with UWAS, as St.Athan was a popular cross country destination with the guys from Valley! Most of the work they did was fast, low level training, so they didn't stay clean for long!

Thanks again for the comments both!

Keef

Lovely! I do wish Revell would scale these kits up to 1/48....

Thanks!

Me too on the 48th wish (& do a twin stick in 72nd & 48th as well!) It's always seemed strange to me that they haven't done a 48th, seeing as they do lovely Hunters in 1/144th, 1/72nd & 1/32nd!! Very odd!

Keef

Lovely job Keef old fruit,

Maybe when first painted, but after a few months of the intensive use they got, they got very matt (& fairly shabby!)

Very true , we used to get these fairly regularly at Waddington at one time and they were certainly looking the worse for wear, even to the extent of having the white paint stripping from the nose and wing leading edges........

I think you've got it spot on ...

Lovely job Keef old fruit,

Very true , we used to get these fairly regularly at Waddington at one time and they were certainly looking the worse for wear, even to the extent of having the white paint stripping from the nose and wing leading edges........

I think you've got it spot on ...

Ta General, I appreciate that!

K