Trumpeters TU-22 M3 Backfire C

Thanks again everyone, very kind of you all, for those of you with one in the stash, just have a go at it, it's a great kit, definitely one of Trumpeters best, and apart from being a bit on the large side it goes together very nicely.

Keef, I feel that I'm starting to get the hang of it now... :whistle: ... and yes getting the dio finished for SMW will be a challenge but I'll give it shot...

Oh by the way, I think you should go for the Bison next! wub.gif

it's in hand :wicked:

Cheers,

Andy

I don't know how you keep on doing it - but I'm very glad you do! :gobsmacked:

Don't even know where to start with the superlatives, so I'll just say, tremendous piece of work, bravo my son! :analintruder:

Impressed Al

Thanks for the generous comments everyone, :cheers:

I don't know how you keep on doing it

Well Al it's a combination of mispent youth, far too much time on my hands and being stuck out in the middle of the countryside........all that damn clean air, sugarbeet and Lincolnshire sausage does something to a man :winkgrin:............................................hang on, I know what it is!! :toilet:

Great looking model. The time you spent on the decals was well worth it. :goodjob:

Andrew

Thanks guys, Patrick, not too sure, I don't really plan to finish a particular model at any time as I have 'wandering interest' syndrome and have several builds on the go at any one time..whatever grabs my fancy at that moment. I go to the shows, swear I wont buy anything then come home with 'bargains' that I've just got to build.. A Revell Antonov 124 Ruslan in is in the lead at the moment with the heavily reworked ESCI TU-22 Blinder not far behind, as well as the big Airfix TSR 2 and Amodel 3M Bison, then there's the Soviet diorama base to do for Telford. :frantic: ..................so you see my dilemma!

Andrew, thanks, I don't think, in fact I know I've never put so many decals on one model !!!.......................................but then again I've just had a look at the Revell AN 124 sheet!!! :hypnotised: :hypnotised:

Cheers Calum :cheers:

Melchie....

Thanks guys, Patrick, not too sure, I don't really plan to finish a particular model at any time as I have 'wandering interest' syndrome and have several builds on the go at any one time..whatever grabs my fancy at that moment. I go to the shows, swear I wont buy anything then come home with 'bargains' that I've just got to build.. A Revell Antonov 124 Ruslan in is in the lead at the moment with the heavily reworked ESCI TU-22 Blinder not far behind, as well as the big Airfix TSR 2 and Amodel 3M Bison, then there's the Soviet diorama base to do for Telford. :frantic: ..................so you see my dilemma!

Melchie....

I have the same syndrome when I go to show. Last year at Telford I came back with a B-52D, a Nimrod, a Victor, a Ju 290 and none of them have already been started. I've got at least a dozen of started kits.

By the way I am going again to Telford this year...

Patrick

2 months 2 weeks 3 days. No pressure then....!!! wicked.gif

Thanks Keef...thumb screws optional extra I suppose :deadhorse: .....I've got the base, got the Soviet style tarmac, grass, sedge, vehicles and even a few trees..................just need to slap it all together (and find some way of transporting it!!! :whistle: )

Patrick...you don't want to know what I've got lurking in the attic :analintruder: ......

superb work there as usual Melchie!!..i will have to make sure, when i build my esci one, if it ever goes to a show to have it NOWHERE near yours!! :fraidnot:

my pair of revell Blinders resurfaced their ugly heads the other day during a tidy up and clearing session...maybe after the valiant and sea venom....

steve

...and I for one, shudder to think whats in your attic!!..lol

Edited by kspriss

Thanks Keef...thumb screws optional extra I suppose :deadhorse: .....I've got the base, got the Soviet style tarmac, grass, sedge, vehicles and even a few trees..................just need to slap it all together (and find some way of transporting it!!! :whistle: )

Patrick...you don't want to know what I've got lurking in the attic :analintruder: ......

I'm looking forward to seeing this tarmac !

Patrick

Steve, don't be daft if you can make the ESCI kit look like an M3 then it deserves to be at the head of the table!!,

my pair of revell Blinders resurfaced their ugly heads the other day during a tidy up and clearing session...maybe after the valiant and sea venom....

A man after my own heart.............................some 'challenging' builds in there mate!! :winkgrin:

Keef, did you see that prog about an American chap who moved houses around the place on the back of his huge flatbed truck!!...........well anyone got his number??

Melchie...