Fw200C-Condor in IJN service

CPNGROATS

The actual history sez that this was being planned but that the Luftwaffe took over the Fw-200 a/c being built for Japan. In my senerio the Japanese did indeed receive a small quantity of C-4 models. These were used as ultra long range recon a/c. Various modifications were tried with one airframe actualy being used for an engine test bed for the engines destined for the four engined "RITA" bomber. [ but that is another story].

I'm using the Trumpeter kit in 1/48 with some aftermarket etch. The p/e is by Eduard and consists of: FW-200 Condor interior, die-cut flexible painting masks, FW 200 Condor antennas, FW 200 Condor antennas, FW 200 Condor exterior, FW 200 Condor seatbelts, and FW 200 Condor landing flaps. [ I'm not certain I'll use the landing flaps set...]

First pics:

P5290001.jpg

P5290002.jpg

P5290003.jpg

P5290004.jpg

P5290005.jpg

P5290006.jpg

P5290007.jpg

Cheers,

ggc

Being interested in the aircraft of WW2 Japan, and building a FW 190 and ME 262 in Japanese colours for my What if build entry, Ill definitely be watching this one! :D

Looking forward to more progress!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the interest folks, pictures comming soon, I have an aftermarket set that provides wooden support for the wings on this bird...

IJN/Condor Cheers,

ggc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan: Not so good, I've had a number of delays due to something called "life" so this project will extend considerably beyond the G.B. time frame...

Cheers,

ggc

• 3 months later...
Dan: Not so good, I've had a number of delays due to something called "life" so this project will extend considerably beyond the G.B. time frame...

Cheers,

ggc

Any more progress on the Condor yet? I might have a 1/72 Condor spare soon so a Japanese option could be done, just need the inspiration! :)

Nakajima15, the big 1/48 IJN Condor build is 'paused' due to extenuating circumstances,,however, here are some pics of the old 1/72 Revell Condor done as a test bed a/c fitted with the late war "Rita" engines. I call the prototype "Condo-Rita". No ventral gondola fitted...as the story goes this a/c found in some disrepair after the war ended...

does this help with the creative spark,,?

P8190009FW-2001722.jpg

05090369.jpg

BANZAI CHEERS,

ggc

Nakajima15, the big 1/48 IJN Condor build is 'paused' due to extenuating circumstances,,however, here are some pics of the old 1/72 Revell Condor done as a test bed a/c fitted with the late war "Rita" engines. I call the prototype "Condo-Rita". No ventral gondola fitted...as the story goes this a/c found in some disrepair after the war ended...

does this help with the creative spark,,?

P8190009FW-2001722.jpg

05090369.jpg

BANZAI CHEERS,

ggc

Oh yes, very nice! :thumbsup: It does have a Japanese look to it

I might transfer one of my old Condors to be done in Japanese markings now, trouble is that I couldnt build it now as theres not much shelf space left for me :weep:

Edited by Nakajima15

Is there a problem creating additional shelving for the growing collection...? Perhaps a "satallite" location...you know.....an auxillary field...

Shelving Cheers,

ggc

Is there a problem creating additional shelving for the growing collection...? Perhaps a "satallite" location...you know.....an auxillary field...

Shelving Cheers,

ggc

Possibly could, but theres no where else in the loft and it can be dangerous to put them in my room as they are liable to get broken :confused: Then again, the upper shelves dont get hit into that much....