1:72 Revell Tornado

As I havn't posted a model for a while on here, so I thought I should contribute a little instead of just looking.

Kit manufacture: Revell

Scale: 1/72

Type: Tornado GR1

Extras used: Decals are aftermarket

Paints and colours used: Xtracrylix, Tamiya and Promodeller dark wash

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

coool looks good to me

onlt one question are the angle decals on the tail fin the correct ones, they are pink like gulf ones, should they not be red? either way they look cool!

coool looks good to me

onlt one question are the angle decals on the tail fin the correct ones, they are pink like gulf ones, should they not be red? either way they look cool!

Thats strange, they are actually red, and on my computer they look red as well.

are they pink to anyone else?

they look pink to me but i t may be my pc, either way cracking build

Cheers Mark

Great looking Tornado.. :D I think I need to get myselfsome ProModellers Dark Wash, it looks good.. :)

This is the same Kit ive just posted about! May use your pics to help paint and build if ok? Did you paint while building or once fully completed?

coool looks good to me

No John,They were pink.

RAF_Panavia_Tornado_GR1A.jpg

3912394337_7756c133ef_o.jpg

Palacefan...Very very nice work there!! Almost looks real,just a couple of points that 'spoil' it for me,but that's probably because it's my favorite jet,mainly cuz I've worked on them for so long in the RAF...

1-Stencil decals on the bombs should be on the top,not the sides,usually between the MACE lugs.

2-Undercart & gear bays look white,they should be light gray.They've never been white.

3-BOZ pod looks too curved at the front,not needle like.

Other than that,very nice! I especially like the Goldstar on the fin,looks good!

Merv

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

StuKeith, I painted it all after it was built, apart from all the sticky out bits like undercarriage and aerials.

Merv, thanks for the advice, i always welcome critique when it is meant as a help rather than a dig (not that it ever is on here). I must admit that the colour of the undercarriage was an oversight which i will correct on future builds. The Boz pod was one of the mistakes which stalled the build in the first place, i tried to sand the seem before the plastic had cured and ripped the point apart. again i will be more careful next time. and the bomb decal was a bit of artistic licence because i thought that it would not be seen on the top and added a little bit of detail to the ubderside. I thought that nobody would possible notice that, so very well done, top marks for knowing your stuff. I have two or three left to make, so i will take on board all you have said and improve them. Cheers :thumbsup2:

Mark, i have just realised which decal you meant, the angle of the elevators. I thought you meant the angled tail flash. :doh: yes it is the correct one but your right it does look pink. thanks for mentioning it though, like i said to merv, i have a few to make and i want them to keep getting better :thumbsup2:

Gremlins!!!!!!

Edited by palacefan

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

StuKeith, I painted it all after it was built, apart from all the sticky out bits like undercarriage and aerials.

Merv, thanks for the advice, i always welcome critique when it is meant as a help rather than a dig (not that it ever is on here). I must admit that the colour of the undercarriage was an oversight which i will correct on future builds. The Boz pod was one of the mistakes which stalled the build in the first place, i tried to sand the seem before the plastic had cured and ripped the point apart. again i will be more careful next time. and the bomb decal was a bit of artistic licence because i thought that it would not be seen on the top and added a little bit of detail to the ubderside. I thought that nobody would possible notice that, so very well done, top marks for knowing your stuff. I have two or three left to make, so i will take on board all you have said and improve them. Cheers :thumbsup2:

Mark, i have just realised which decal you meant, the angle of the elevators. I thought you meant the angled tail flash. :doh: yes it is the correct one but your right it does look pink. thanks for mentioning it though, like i said to merv, i have a few to make and i want them to keep getting better :thumbsup2:

Cheers for that! I should do...I was an Armourer on Tornado's back when we had an airforce...not an 'air farce' as we have today!