1/72 Morko Morane conversion ?

Tsrjoe

does anyone out there in Britmodeller land know where i could get a hold of a 1/72 scale conversion set for the Finnish VL. Morko Morane to build for my Ilmavoimat WW.2 type collection?

from online searches i have found a couple of resin conversions, a nose unit from 'Moonshine models' and a fuselage conversion from 'PH model' both of which i cant seem to find avaliable

I have the 'Maquette' kit with its revised fusealge mouldings, but this would require quite extensive work to make into something presentable, it being based upon the old 'Frog' moulds, nice decals tho! my intention being to utilise the recent'ish 'Hasegawa' kit for the conversion to sit alongside a pair of 'normal' examples, one in delivery scheme, the other in Finnish repaint, the Morko i would complete in 'Lapland War, cockades completing the types history in Ilmavoimat service

many thanks, Joe

oops just realised iv posted this on the wrong thread, my sincerest apologies to the moderators :police:

Edited by Tsrjoe

What you want is the PH Model conversion. Don't know how available this is now, though. It was released 5 or 10 years ago. Here's a build thread by expert modelbuilder Libor Jekl from right here on good ol' Britmodeller which should inspire you!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46138

John Thompson

Edited by John Thompson

Hello!

My choice would be the Moonshine Model nose for the shape and dimensional accuracy. I know they guy who did the conversion and the research behind it. Availability is a big problem as the fellow doesn't make them any more.

There has been couple of other resin noses but those looked skinny to the nake eye already. The linked build with PH conversion set - detailing and interior - looks impressive but the resin fuselage exterior not so much. In any case if Heller/Smer is your starting point compare the kit propeller to photos and the resin substitution(s) and then decide if indeed there is point to replace it. It looks a lot like the VISh in the original Mörkö.

Regards,

Kari

hiyas chaps, many thanks, yip definately problems trying to find one thats avaliable, iv actually been looking for over a year now, and past few times when over in Finland tried the excellent hobby store in Helsinki but alas none in stock (thats where i picked up the very basic 'Maquette' kit tho)

definately interesting Kari, just a thought, dont suppose you know if the guy from 'Moonshine' would make another one??

kiitos, Joe

I have built the Hasegawa/Moonshine combination many years ago (I will try to make a photo later). BTW I met Mr. PH (Pavel Hronek) this morning. He told me he had some Heller/Smer conversion ibut no decals.

• 2 weeks later...