SCRATCH BUILT WESTLAND LYSANDER MK 1 1:30 SCALE

Fozzy

The back of the seat frame was made in the same fashion and in the next picture you will see I have made the seat back cushion out of electrical wire,which later I changed and made it out of pieces of plastic because it looked more like the reference material.

ly59.jpg

A seat adjusting wheel was then made out of plastic and fuse wire.......

ly62.jpg

The way I have always made seat belts is out of cut pieces of a beer cans!!!Once again sounds crazy but I think quite realistic........what do you think?

ly69.jpg

ly68.jpg

Fozzy, that seat looks superb. I'm planning on doing something very similar for my build - now I know how well it can turn out.

And that engine - wow!

(My posts in this thread might get a bit repetitive..!)

Dan

Cheers Dan

I always say experiment,if you don't try you don't know :)

....and then the control column and frame work for it was made out of plastic and garden twine.Here is a picture before and after painting...

ly81.jpg

ly84.jpg

I found a few photos of some shots I took of the Undercarriage and Cowling in place last night.This gives you a rough idea of what it might look like later.....ofcourse a lot of imagination is required :)

ly42.jpg

ly40.jpg

ly41.jpg

Next time I post I'll continue with the cockpit

Cheers for now

Fozzy

Hi guys

Thanks once again for all you feedback...much appreciated. :)

So we go back to the cockpit construction!.

I made up a Throttle Quadrant out of the usual plastic card,also a map case and a Trim Wheel made from wire and plastic,see pic............

ly86.jpg

Now it is time to put the parts I have already made into the pilots position.Here are some pics with it all together minus the Pilots seat.I do apologies for the out of focus amateur photos!!! :blush:

ly95.jpg

ly96.jpg

ly97.jpg

This is not a criticism (how the heck can you criticise work like this?) but the harness should have similar style straps, over the thighs, as you've done for the shoulder straps, but with fewer holes. On the Sutton, a sizeable pin went through the holes, in each of the four straps, and they were then retained by a triangular clip, which slid through a hole in the pin. The straps were a light/medium tan colour, too.

Edgar

So now for the instrument panel.

By the way you do realise that I have built all this a few weeks ago and that I'm not some sort of robot that can knock out a scratch built aircraft in a few minutes? :winkgrin: ......

The instrument panel was built up with plastic card cut to shape and the switches and other bits and bobs were made out of wire.Heres a pic before painting..

ly103.jpg

To make the Instrument dials I downloaded black and white photos off the Internet,down scaled them and printed them off.All I had to do then was cut them off the paper with scissors(The hardest part of the whole build so far because they were so small!! :angry: )I then glued them into position....no expence spared!!!....heres a pic after painting........

ly104.jpg

On the actual aircraft you can see the back of the Instrument Panel so I did some work there with the use of my handy scrap wire box!!

ly106.jpg

This whole unit was then glued into place in the cockpit...here's some pics.........

ly108.jpg

ly109.jpg

ly110.jpg

On this shot you can see the rear end of the panel with the gun sight frame work attatched (made from garden twine)

ly111.jpg

So thats the Pilots position complete.The next installment will be the making of the fuel tank.

Christ I hope your not all bored with this :(

Fozzy

"I'm not some sort of robot that can knock out a scratch built aircraft in a few minutes"

your not?

oh.....

This is not a criticism (how the heck can you criticise work like this?) but the harness should have similar style straps, over the thighs, as you've done for the shoulder straps, but with fewer holes. On the Sutton, a sizeable pin went through the holes, in each of the four straps, and they were then retained by a triangular clip, which slid through a hole in the pin. The straps were a light/medium tan colour, too.

Edgar

Hi Edgar

Thanks for the info,I think you might be right about the colour of the belts!!I'll get it right next time! :)

Cheers

Fozzy